General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Zanotti Motors for parts?

Search this Thread

Old 07-28-2008, 03:34 PM
Pavetack
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Zanotti Motors for parts?

I am stationed in the UK and have ordered from them for years with no problems. I recommend them to all the new folks.

Old 07-28-2008, 03:49 PM
Cryptoboy
Seasoned HDF Member

Received 3,877 Likes on 1,415 Posts

Well it comes down to two things:&nbsp\\; do you want it cheap or do you want it fast?&nbsp\\; If you want it fast, you can go to the local dealer and pay full price for it, or you can wait a few days and get it for 20% off.&nbsp\\; It's all a matter of what's more important to you.&nbsp\\;

Old 07-28-2008, 05:44 PM
phat96
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

http://www.chicagoharley.com/shop/
&nbsp\\;
They also do 20% off and were cheaper in shipping charges.

Old 07-28-2008, 06:00 PM
Mascman
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Guess what...I bought my bike from them and have had terrible experiences buying parts.
One time, they said they had the part, drive 45 minutes and guess what...NO PART!
Second time I tell the guy to go check that the part is there.&nbsp\\; He says yes it's here.
I drive 45 minutes agian and well, someone had the Sportster part switched with the Dyna part.
I almost ran over a Cavalier in my F150&nbsp\\;when I left there pissed off as hell!

Old 07-28-2008, 06:02 PM
Mascman
Outstanding HDF Member

I guess you have to odrder out of state to get good service and cheap prices!

Old 07-28-2008, 06:11 PM
hdramon07
Cruiser

I think there is a link to back ordered parts as well as a link to in stock parts on the look up page. I always try to&nbsp\\;check those before I place an order.

Old 07-28-2008, 06:12 PM
gs34doc
Big Kahuna HDF Member

Received 895 Likes on 633 Posts

I live within 30 miles of them and have bought parts from them on occasion. Never had a problem.
Have also bought online from Hales and CHD. All have been good. Speed of shipment has varied with any of them.
Best advice I could give is, if you need it fast, try and get it local. If it's price over speed, then order online.

Old 07-28-2008, 06:18 PM
OldBoldPilot
Club Member

Received 23,690 Likes on 5,240 Posts

Same thing happened to me a couple of days ago. Before I ordered the parts I needed I checked their in-stock list, saw all the parts were in stock, and placed my order. Two days later they let me know that in fact only one of four parts was in stock after all and the rest would need to be ordered for a one-week delay in shipping, which threw my current project off schedule. I've been buying parts from them for years and have never run into this before.

They gave me the same song and dance about how they sell stuff so fast they can't keep their list updated. I told them if that was the case they ought to just take the list off the site since it's worse than useless: it's actually deceptive.

Their practice of charging your credit card when you order rather than when they ship is also something that few reputable online businesses do. In effect, they're running their business not on their dime but on yours. FIRST you pay, THEN they order the parts, THEN they ship. And by the way, is it just me or have their shipping charges gone up more than most other suppliers'?

Yes, they are nice people (although I defy you to reach them on the phone), and their online "Chat" customer service is excellent. But the fact is that their business practices have really deteriorated recently. I hope they're not turning into another American Classic Motors.

Old 07-28-2008, 06:22 PM
phat96
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Mascman was that with Chicago's online dept? Same here in Az if I walk in to Hacienda, they have don't have it. But Chicago's online and Zanotti's had been good for the most part.&nbsp\\;

Old 07-28-2008, 07:01 PM
Dorkman
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Zanotti's email response to questions is good and they offer to get parts that are not yet on their list.&nbsp\\; Backorder delay is common, I had the same backorder delays with Chicago Harley.&nbsp\\; Price is good and as long as you don't need the part right away, good people.

Quick Reply: Zanotti Motors for parts?