General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Positive story about a dealer

Search this Thread

Old 11-08-2008, 03:09 PM
rizzo
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 4,620 Likes on 2,094 Posts
Default Positive story about a dealer

I couldn't believe my good luck when I bought a complete, older used tour pak from Craigslist for $75. I found and bought new SE backrest pad on eBay with the ostrich insert that matches my seat. The pad was new but was out of the original box and the template was missing. After trying unsuccessfully to get a template from the seller (he tried) or order from the dealer (not available seperately) I was really aggravated. With the curved surfaces I could have tried to locate the 6 holes but I really didn't want to mess it up and create more work trying to repair the holes if I were off in my measurements.

I decided to contact eBay sellers of similar backrest pads and plead my case. I must have contacted 10-12 sellers without a reply. One day I received a reply from a HD dealer selling accessories on line and they agreed to make a copy of the template and send it to me. I sent my mailing info and asked how much I should send them. Zero, nada, nothing.

The template was in the mailbox today. I mounted the template, drilled the holes and installed the pad without an issue.

Just wanted to say thanks to Forman HD in Stillwater OK for going out of their way to help a rider and ask nothing in return. If I ever get down that way I will make a point of stopping there to personally thank them.

There are still dealers out there willing to do the right thing.

Old 11-08-2008, 03:17 PM
1st HD
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Good for them. All dealers should act that way.

Old 11-08-2008, 03:30 PM
piggy
Road Master
Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

RIZZO tks does a heart GOOD to hear, theres some Decent folks still around. FOR an employee of a dealer to DO that, SHOWS he cares and is concerned, KUDO"S to them

Old 11-08-2008, 03:32 PM
bagman1
Elite HDF Member
Received 51 Likes on 49 Posts

Just so you know, anything HD sells that come with directions (which includes templates) is accessible on line thru the dealer, I havent figured out how to get them myself. On numerous occasions they have printed the oem inserts that come with their accessories for me.
Just recently I got a copy of the IDS instructions so I can see the design and instructions, before I go and buy a kit this winter. Bad marks to all those dealers that wouldnt help you.

Old 11-08-2008, 04:02 PM
obonaven
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by rizzo
I couldn't believe my good luck when I bought a complete, older used tour pak from Craigslist for $75. I found and bought new SE backrest pad on eBay with the ostrich insert that matches my seat. The pad was new but was out of the original box and the template was missing. After trying unsuccessfully to get a template from the seller (he tried) or order from the dealer (not available seperately) I was really aggravated. With the curved surfaces I could have tried to locate the 6 holes but I really didn't want to mess it up and create more work trying to repair the holes if I were off in my measurements.

I decided to contact eBay sellers of similar backrest pads and plead my case. I must have contacted 10-12 sellers without a reply. One day I received a reply from a HD dealer selling accessories on line and they agreed to make a copy of the template and send it to me. I sent my mailing info and asked how much I should send them. Zero, nada, nothing.

The template was in the mailbox today. I mounted the template, drilled the holes and installed the pad without an issue.

Just wanted to say thanks to Forman HD in Stillwater OK for going out of their way to help a rider and ask nothing in return. If I ever get down that way I will make a point of stopping there to personally thank them.

There are still dealers out there willing to do the right thing.
This post is his payment! Now we all know what a stand up dealer this place is.

Old 11-08-2008, 07:04 PM
rizzo
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 4,620 Likes on 2,094 Posts

Originally Posted by bagman1
Just so you know, anything HD sells that come with directions (which includes templates) is accessible on line thru the dealer, I havent figured out how to get them myself. On numerous occasions they have printed the oem inserts that come with their accessories for me.
Just recently I got a copy of the IDS instructions so I can see the design and instructions, before I go and buy a kit this winter. Bad marks to all those dealers that wouldnt help you.

If you can find out more about this dealer option, I'd like to know more. It would be nice to "suggest" to the parts guy info is available to them and where to look. On my instruction sheet it described the template, part #7 as "Not sold seperately".

Customer Service is not dead - sometimes even when you're not a customer. Thanks again to Jackie and Forman HD.

Old 11-08-2008, 07:10 PM
Gutman
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The Dealer could have printed that template from the Dealer accessed web site (h-dnet.) I have done it several times. Up to Foreman HD. They care. Good Job, enjoy your purchase.

Trending Topics

Old 11-08-2008, 07:10 PM
bagman1
Elite HDF Member
Received 51 Likes on 49 Posts

I just asked the parts person, and this was at 2 local competing dealers. One of which I bought my bike there. Maybe ask the parts manager. Make sure yhey are in a good mood helps, perhaps go in when they first open or when its quiet, a box of donuts goes a long way too.

Old 11-08-2008, 07:31 PM
Gutman
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by bagman1
I just asked the parts person, and this was at 2 local competing dealers. One of which I bought my bike there. Maybe ask the parts manager. Make sure yhey are in a good mood helps, perhaps go in when they first open or when its quiet, a box of donuts goes a long way too.

I thought that was their job? Maybe too many doughnut is why they won't get off their fat areses and help anyone. I have a sign in my shop that I stole the phrase from "Fish Camp." It say's "YOU choose YOUR attitude everday." I would tell them to find another one and find a Dealer like Forman HD.