General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Chinese gift exchange ideas for a Harley crowd

Search this Thread

Old 12-19-2008, 03:20 PM
Softail Girl
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Mordrapheus
I guess the idea of your pegs is a good one, especially if you never used them.
I don't get that one. What pegs?

Old 12-19-2008, 03:22 PM
Softail Girl
Road Master

Originally Posted by RoadKingRon1
Ok so I'm thinking gag gifts are welcome too.

Didn't you change out your grips? I'm thinking used grips and a pair of gloves.
I had to slice one grip up to remove it.... even I'm not that cheap!

Old 12-19-2008, 03:33 PM
bikergirl40
Elite HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Softail Girl
I've been invited to a Chinese gift exchange party tomorrow night. It's my first time and I've been told that I need to bring something that I really want to get rid of and wrap it pretty.

The exceptions are: can't give away a SO or the kids....

I ride with those people and I'm still looking for a great idea that would be Harley-Davidson related (if possible).

Since there are a lot of great minds on this forum, I'm asking for help.

Thanks!
Sooo...does it have to be something you already have that you don't use? ... or can you purchase something?

I can only assume it's the latter ... and a gift certificate at a local shop is always a great gift. OOORRRRR ... Go through the "On sale" rack ... You can pick up some nice belts, buckles, bandannas, shot glasses, sunglasses or clear glasses, or riding gloves (I hear the 'fingerless' variety are a hit for Christmas)!

If it is the former ... find an old faded T shirt that's 3 sizes too small, 1/2 quart of harley oil you got out in the garage and maybe some fingerless gloves that you have been saving for a 'special' occasion...wrap it all up nice-nice with some really super nice wrapping paper. Remember, presentation is everything!

Good luck and have fun!

Last edited by bikergirl40; 12-19-2008 at 03:39 PM.
Old 12-19-2008, 03:46 PM
Mordrapheus
Road Warrior
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I don't get that one. What pegs?
my bad misread the grip for pegs

you could go to the local dealer buy something from the sales rack that your not a fan of and remove the tags and voila something you had but never used since you don't like it

Old 12-19-2008, 04:02 PM
Draggin S
Road Master

Well,

We just had one of those at the work lunch yesterday and the hit of the exchange was a cow-pattie that a guy found dried and sprayed with that clear-coat in a can to spray it....he said he wanted to find 10 or 12 flies to put in the box to fly out but he couldn't catch any.......

this is mine that you are welcome to use....(non Harley sorta)........

go to the grocery store and buy two cans of the cheapest pork&beans you can find...go to the hot sauce isle and find a bottle of hot sauce like Franks or something like that with the tapered glass top......find a bottle that is the same size as the top of the pork and bean cans or as close as you can get.......

go home and tape the two bean cans together with packing tape and tape the hot sauce to the top...fill in the places where the cans and bottle come together so it is smooth.........wrap and put on a ribbon.......

everybody thinks it's a bottle of wine so they jump right on it and pick it up and unwrap the beans and hot sauce and are stuck with it because nobody else wants it..........

Old 12-19-2008, 04:13 PM
Boo67
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking

Originally Posted by Draggin S
Well,

We just had one of those at the work lunch yesterday and the hit of the exchange was a cow-pattie that a guy found dried and sprayed with that clear-coat in a can to spray it....he said he wanted to find 10 or 12 flies to put in the box to fly out but he couldn't catch any.......

this is mine that you are welcome to use....(non Harley sorta)........

go to the grocery store and buy two cans of the cheapest pork&beans you can find...go to the hot sauce isle and find a bottle of hot sauce like Franks or something like that with the tapered glass top......find a bottle that is the same size as the top of the pork and bean cans or as close as you can get.......

go home and tape the two bean cans together with packing tape and tape the hot sauce to the top...fill in the places where the cans and bottle come together so it is smooth.........wrap and put on a ribbon.......

everybody thinks it's a bottle of wine so they jump right on it and pick it up and unwrap the beans and hot sauce and are stuck with it because nobody else wants it..........
Wow!! That's a lot of leg work for a gag gift.

The party sounds like a lot of fun!! Happy holidays.

Old 12-19-2008, 04:27 PM
Mandodoc
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Print and then find a used frame around the house and then frame the picture of you sitting on your bike. Perfect for your Harley friends.

Old 12-19-2008, 05:02 PM
vet767
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Somehow, softail, if you gave me anything I would be tickled to death, but then again I'm old and wtf do I know.

Old 12-19-2008, 05:03 PM
RoadKingRon1
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Use you computer to make and print coupons:

A coupon for a free membership to HD Forums?

A free beer on your next ride....etc

Old 12-19-2008, 06:04 PM
roadking2014
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Thumbs up

What is that?
monkey butt powder: its a powder that keeps you from getting all red and chaffed when riding in hot humid weather. the container is the funniest part...do a google and search it...makes a funny gift but most folks will us it.

Quick Reply: Chinese gift exchange ideas for a Harley crowd