General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Can I make cagers disappear??

Search this Thread

Old 12-21-2008, 08:48 AM
DGlide04
Elite HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by piggy
Harley Trish, I fully understood your actions. Those who claim to pass it off as OLD PEOPLE< amaze me. Im from Long Island NY, some cage drivers NEED a wake up call, THere so engrossed in cell phone, putting on makeup, what ever. Plus its Good to VENT LOL, Those who reacted against you, amaze me in here? WE vent, get over it and go on. Good on you girl.
I hear you Piggy. I drive upstate and commuting to NJ every day is more of a pain in the butt each week. It's not so much the older drivers, although we have our share of them, believe me. It's the young and middle aged drivers also distracted with eating in their car, cell phones, map reading and on and on.

Every day is an adventure, whether in a car or on the bike in good weather.

Trish, don't feel bad about what happened, we all need to vent at some point and the "q-tip" who tailgated you was just the one who pushed you over the edge. Personally, I don't think you did anything to be upset about, from what your post indicated he at least acknowledged you and what he was doing was wrong.

Old 12-21-2008, 09:53 AM
kbear
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Come on, not all "Old People" drive like crap. It does not matter the age an A$$h*&^ driver that tailgates started being and A$$h*&^ way before they got old. And using your car as a means to intimidate or get your way is wrong no matter your age, gender, race, creed, color, or religion but.... and I don't care if it was Moses in his big Chevy boat, he tailgates me like that and he gets a chewing. Just watch the guns because those chickens*&^s will shoot you and claim "it" was afraid cause the big bad biker scared him. No matter what lead up to it, nor your size or gender.

Bad drivers come in all ages and shapes, if he had hit her it would be different sentiment on here. As for outrunning him it would depend on the circumstances sometimes not entirely avoidable ie traffic, parking lot, off and on ramps, busy streets with stop and go slow red lights.

Stand up for yourself but be careful doing it. Some of these old guys have nasty in their past.

IMHO like we all have .........

Old 12-21-2008, 10:29 AM
Dragon Rider
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Found that the act of putting my right hand inside my coat has a large effect. Nothing there but coat, but what an effect. I now have 50 feet around me open.

Old 12-21-2008, 10:37 AM
HDBRATT
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 23 Likes on 17 Posts

Thank you Piggy. I didn't mean to be nasty. I'm really a nice respectful woman I just got pissed off and yeah needed to vent. Thanks for letting me do that. And I don't think it is just older people....being I have a 19 yr old son. I have seen the way some of his friends and my son including drive. I don't think they know how to live without a cell phone or texting.
Thanks guys for letting me vent.