General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

HD Rainmaker Boots

Search this Thread

Old 12-24-2008, 02:48 PM
Chopperz
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up

Try Golden Retrievers.Waterproof.Zappos

Old 12-25-2008, 11:14 AM
trozenhorse
Road Captain
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

quality comfort durability, Frye, made in the usa, extremly comfortable, great leather, worth the few extra bucks. bought a pair of redwings, wore them once, disappointed, fit is not great, have to take them to the shoe maker for some customer innersoles with some arch support, visually they look ok and are less expensive...for me Frye with good high socks and I'm good to go.

Old 12-25-2008, 12:03 PM
SC_Compact
Road Warrior
Received 452 Likes on 184 Posts

Someone from hdforums mentioned Belleville so I ordered a pair. They are made in the USA, Goretex, Vibram Replaceable sole, very comfortable nd not to expensive:

Belleville 700 - Waterproof Black Combat and Flight Boot
http://www.americanequipage.com/serv...erproof/Detail

Old 12-25-2008, 09:37 PM
Dustball
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

HD boots...LMFAO! I wasn't impressed my last look, and frankly never understood why people were willing to pay big bucks for a poor to mediocre footwear simply because it has HD on it. If you're interested in a great boot that's comfortable, warm, completely waterproof, non-slip lugged soles and steel-toed for safety and under $100 bucks try Cabela's. I use these:

http://www.cabelas.com/cabelas/en/te...=cat20576&rid=

Old 12-25-2008, 10:00 PM
skratch
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 4,247 Likes on 2,477 Posts

y'all do know hd doesn't make the boots? they are made by wolverine, frye, and others. those rainmaker boots look a lot like my matterhorn boots that i wore in the military. or perhaps danners. if either, then they are decent boots. i wore mine all the time in the cold and wet.... a little too hot in the summer since they were insulated.

Old 12-26-2008, 12:06 PM
bookworm
Intermediate
Received 7 Likes on 1 Post

Okay JC, doesn't look like anyone has actually answered your question. So, let me try. I bought a pair of Rainmakers last spring and after a full riding season I can honestly say that I like them a lot. I have not given them a severe water test yet, but what water they have been exposed to I have had dry feet. And, compared to my previous Harley boots, these are much more comfortable. The only thing I had to get used to was the extra leather in the side zips that is there to keep any water out that gets through the zipper from getting to your feet. But, they broke in very quickly.

I was concerned at first that they might get a little hot in the summer since they are made of some really substantial leather and have a bit of insulation in the liner, but that was not the case. I wore them to the 105th and spent most of the sunny Friday wandering the lakefront on the concrete and asphalt and they were very comfortable.

My only complaint is a minor one. The side zip will not open as widely as other side zip boots because of the full leather gusset behind the zipper. So, they are a bit more difficult for me to get into. Sometimes I just go back to lacing them. But, I have trouble getting my wide size 12's into a lot of boots so, I was not surprised.

I really like the style and the fact that they are not heavily branded like most other Harley boots. The leather is very substantial and the insole is well cushioned. The outsole is soft enough for good traction when stopped which is really important for me since most of my riding is two up on an ultra.

I bought mine at one of the internet stores (I think it was the Boot Barn) and got them for good price ($119 and free shipping). The only caveat might be if you have a narrow foot since these are roomy in the toe. I got mine in a wide and am quite happy with the fit. They seem to run true to size, but a half size longer won't hurt.

Hope this helps.