General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

This has to be fake, right (700hp, 330lb-ft)?

Search this Thread

Old 01-14-2009, 05:53 PM
FastHarley
Former Sponsor
Received 441 Likes on 246 Posts
Default Been done before

Give the guys from Dynojet a call. Ask if they dyno'ed a 750+ HP Hayabusa on their machine. I was told by the guy who did it while setting up a Dynajet 2000 here in Davie, FL. Only going by the dis-interested technician and the dyno sheet, I think some people here (HDF) should learn more about the subject (if they choose) by writing to the company for their personal copy if the sheet to hang on the shop/bedroom wall. I personally did not see it but would have to say it did happen. This motor was purpose built for the strip.

Last edited by FastHarley; 01-14-2009 at 05:59 PM.
Old 01-15-2009, 12:01 AM
edilgdaor
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 5,216 Likes on 3,179 Posts

Originally Posted by carpetride
formula one race cars had 1.5 liter turbo engines making 1000hp back in the day but they were very expensive,very high tech,very high reving and had a lot of boost using very high octane.
BMW had an in-line four cylinder that reportedly could make 1500hp for a lap, but there supposedly wasn't a dyno that could measure it. The head was welded to the block. The hp numbers grow with time, but at that time the BMW F1 engine made more hp per cubic inch than the top-fuel dragster motors of the time did. And that was at least 20 years ago, I think. Just think how much they could make now.

The fuel was regulated and was supposed to be spec'd to be within one octane point of what was available as commercially-available pump fuel in Europe, but there was no petroleum in the chemical blend, and the cars had a distinctive odor as they went by. The mechanics wore hazmat-type spaceman suits when messing with the fuel, and the fuel was almost twice as heavy as gasoline. Yeah, it was pump gas. Sure....

Old 01-15-2009, 07:16 AM
dog155
Extreme HDF Member
Received 23 Likes on 23 Posts

It sure is possible!Especially with forced induction like that machine had.