General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Help Me Make Up My Mind

Search this Thread

Old 01-23-2009, 09:09 PM
I8SMK4U
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

OK Gents, Momma could keep up, it was a 1200 nicknamed Rosey Bagonia, customed out. At high speeds the thing would shatter her teeth out with those tiny tires. Now he '97 Springer Heritage - all stock has over 80,000 miles on it and still going. "Momma rides." Look funny now when she pulls up next to a dude on a sportster at a stop light.

Old 01-23-2009, 09:15 PM
SportsterBob
Club Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Go with the B-T.....You won't regret it despite my post-name.....The B-T's are WAY more comfortable on long runs and they pull like a tractor! Love that torque!

Old 01-23-2009, 09:56 PM
nighttrain72970
Tourer

My dad bought a Sportster and I told him to start on a big twin. Sure enough after six months he traded it for a Springer. I say trade it, you won't be sorry and in this economy you won't be able to sell it anyway unless you ask peanuts for it.
Just my opinion...

Old 01-23-2009, 11:09 PM
sloosky
Novice

Go with the Dyna buddy.

Old 01-23-2009, 11:47 PM
HHWMAN
Advanced

Go with the superglide for sure. You cant beat the deal going onand there is just something about Dyna's Im sure you'll ganna love..

Old 01-24-2009, 12:09 AM
chugchug
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I just traded my 07 XLC 1200 on january the 15th,msrp they gave me for it,I did it because if i tried to sell my sporty private sale after i decided i wanted a bigger bike,I wouldnt see book value on it,I put nearly 17,000 miles on the 1200,with those kind of miles,any buyer would laugh at me or choke,that's old iron.I also loved that sporty,even with a messed up spine it wasnt all that bad on long trips with bags.But then i got a girlfriend she's tiny 96lb,5ft tall filipina.And even with her tiny frame on the sporty it was uncomfortable,not any room for even a short trip to laconia if you stay overnite.So if you have even the slightest question if the sporty is enough,You should go down to the dealer and see what they have for a trade,i doubt you will be paying much more each month than you are now,unless you add all the bells and whistles get a plain jane 'glide and add accessories as you need them

Old 01-24-2009, 12:45 AM
6 gun
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 1,743 Likes on 980 Posts

dude you owe it to your self to go with the dyna ! Then 5 years later
up grade to a road king if harley is still in buisness!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 01-24-2009, 02:28 AM
Rockport
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Drove down to my local dealer this afternoon to talk with the salesman. They had a couple of Superglides on the floor. Bike felt good just sitting on it. I wasn't real fond of the handlebars though. Then I swung a leg over a Fat Bob. If ever a bike felt like it fit me, that was it. I think the main difference was the drag bars on the Fat Bob.

I may look at a Superglide with the idea of changing out the stock handlebars to a drag bar similar to that on the Fat Bob.

Old 01-24-2009, 05:31 AM
nolafishr
Banned

I would Go For it, You would have the Bike, it will always be there for when you are ready to Ride. I would check into the Lowrider if you like the Dyna Bikes. You may want to check out the EGS for the Price, that may be a way to go also!

Old 01-24-2009, 06:03 AM
back again
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 5,148 Likes on 2,243 Posts

Never quite got the term moving up from a Sportster.Each bike can be crafted into what suites it's owner and can be comfortable despite the length of the ride.Depends on what you want he bike to do for you.I don't care what you get your gonna change some thing to make it yours,more comfortable,faster,haul more sh#t,louder,shorter.Get the picture.Obviously some of you are caught up in the mentality of keeping up with the Jones and listening to the crap of the big twin being a superior bike.They ARE what you make of them for your own personal needs.If you go apples for apples with motor up grades the Sportster will be quicker from stock to most any thing out side of big inch big twins.To the people who think other Harley riders look down on Sportsters owners get a life,they are just motorcycles.The freedom of being able to run down the road to the next place you haven't been or friends you haven't met is what it's all about.Posers come to my mind when I read sh#t like this.Rent each bike for a day you're looking at and ride the hell out of it and make up you're own mind.Run them as far as your azz will let you and then you'll know which one is right for you. Happy shopping.

Quick Reply: Help Me Make Up My Mind