General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Video of Air Pitbull Lift with sound??

Search this Thread

Old 01-25-2009, 03:49 PM
Scooter308
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Video of Air Pitbull Lift with sound??

I have seen the video on Pitbulls site of their Air Operated Lift but it does not have any Audio, have searched around but can't find one with audio, only reason I ask is I'm looking to get one and wondering what they sound like.

I saw a lift table with a air over oil setup and it was loud, just wondering what the Pitbull sounds like.

Scott

Old 01-25-2009, 07:24 PM
Scooter308
Cruiser

Does anyone own one that could relay their experience even if you don't have a video?

Thanks
Scott

Old 01-26-2009, 02:52 AM
karz10
Road Master
Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

I honestly have no idea about this product, all I ever heard about on here were the j&s jacks, as for high end jacks, until just recently did I start seeing threads on this product...

However, if it is like most other air run gadgetry that I am familiar with, most of them don't make much noise going up, but do make somewhat loud ppppffffttttssshhhhhh sound when you start letting the air out. However, what would like make the most noise, would be the air compressor it is hooked up to, that enables it to lift. When the compressor kicks on, then I recommend hearing protection if in the same room very long, depending on how close you are to the unit, how big it is, and how long it runs. In other words, the compressor is annoying and loud if in the same room.

Just my experience. Again, not familiar w/ this product.

Old 01-26-2009, 08:09 AM
IndyRider
Road Captain

Originally Posted by karz10
I honestly have no idea about this product, all I ever heard about on here were the j&s jacks, as for high end jacks, until just recently did I start seeing threads on this product...

However, if it is like most other air run gadgetry that I am familiar with, most of them don't make much noise going up, but do make somewhat loud ppppffffttttssshhhhhh sound when you start letting the air out. However, what would like make the most noise, would be the air compressor it is hooked up to, that enables it to lift. When the compressor kicks on, then I recommend hearing protection if in the same room very long, depending on how close you are to the unit, how big it is, and how long it runs. In other words, the compressor is annoying and loud if in the same room.

Just my experience. Again, not familiar w/ this product.
I agree. The air compressor is going to be the noise maker. I have a friend who has a air operated lift table and it does not make that much noise except for the air escaping when it goes down. His compressor is located in another room.

Old 01-26-2009, 07:21 PM
Scooter308
Cruiser

I just don't want it to sound like this.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qLeHCsSUTAE

Old 01-27-2009, 03:58 AM
IndyRider
Road Captain

That video is of a lift table. Does Pitbull make a table lift? If you are just looking for a lift or jack I don't think you would need air assist. My J&S lift jack goes up real easy.

Old 01-27-2009, 05:28 AM
dog155
Extreme HDF Member
Received 23 Likes on 23 Posts

Mine was annoying when letting the bike down so when I mounted the valve permanently also fabricated a muffler.Sorry not a picture person.