General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

LED turnsignal bulbs: who has them?

Search this Thread

Old 01-27-2009, 04:07 PM
schumacher
Club Member
Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts
Default LED turnsignal bulbs: who has them?

After a lengthy convo this afternoon with someone who has the same panacea tail lighht I have, I decided to go ahead and make the entire rear LED.
I ordered the Kury Rear Run-Turn-Brake Controller, and I'm just gonna replace the turn bulbs with LED's.
Looking at them on ebay, I've noticed there are quite a few diff ones.
Which ones are any of you using?

Old 01-27-2009, 05:58 PM
Candy Red
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I wish I had got some

Harley just charged me $4.50 for a 1157 amber bulb

Old 01-27-2009, 06:00 PM
57RebelRocker
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

LED does seem the way to go anymore

Old 01-27-2009, 06:01 PM
schumacher
Club Member

You can get a pair of bulbs from 4 bucks to 20. It seems to depend on the number of led dots on it

Old 01-27-2009, 06:25 PM
AKsavage
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I went ahead and got the whole Kury Panacea setup with matching LEDs for the front. I'm very happy with it, all three lights across the back are red for running lights, when you hit the brakes they flash a few times then stay on. When you hit the turn signal the outer light and half the brake light flash amber. Looks good during the day and even better at night. The assembly includes a nice chrome trim ring for your bullet signal housings with an optical spacer so you can see the light from the side, if I had a camera I could show you a picture.

Old 01-27-2009, 06:33 PM
monstead
Club Member
Location: Dallas, TX & Santa Fe, NM when I can find the time....
Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

I feel like the "LED ****" around here, but I just went through an ordeal with the setup on my '09 RKC. Learned a whole lot more about LED's and equalizers than I ever cared to!

Basically, I had the Kury Panacea Tail Light Module installed when I bought the bike. Dealer sold me and installed the HD run/brake rear turn signals at the same time. Not only did the turn signals not ever work as they were supposed to (didn't flash when I hit the brakes), a couple of months later, all hell broke loose with my turn signals/alarm.

In the process of getting my bikes lights working again, Kury told Dealer and myself, if you have their Panacea Tail Light and want Run/Brake turn signals (led or incandescent), you must use theirs. ALSO, you must use their Load Equalizer. I spoke with Badlands about this to doublecheck, and they confirmed their (superior) product isn't compatible with the Kury Panacea stuff.

So, since you're running the Kury Panacea Tail Light already, you need to get the Kury Panacea LED's if you want to upgrade your rear turn signals. You can use whatever you want on the front.

If I was doing it all over, I would not buy the Kury lights at all...I'd go with Radiantz, Custom Dynamics or Ride Time Tech. AND I'd get a Badlands III Load Equalizer.

All that being said, I highly recommend you speak with a tech at Kury before you make any LED upgrades/changes. I say this because it sounds like you are looking at other brands.

Good luck!

Last edited by monstead; 01-27-2009 at 06:37 PM.
Old 01-27-2009, 06:36 PM
monstead
Club Member
Location: Dallas, TX & Santa Fe, NM when I can find the time....
Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by AKsavage
I went ahead and got the whole Kury Panacea setup with matching LEDs for the front. I'm very happy with it, all three lights across the back are red for running lights, when you hit the brakes they flash a few times then stay on. When you hit the turn signal the outer light and half the brake light flash amber. Looks good during the day and even better at night. The assembly includes a nice chrome trim ring for your bullet signal housings with an optical spacer so you can see the light from the side, if I had a camera I could show you a picture.

Well, after posting my diatribe, I see you went with the Kury Panacea. It does work great. I have it on my bike as well, but I did go with Radiantz on the front. They really grab your attention.

Trending Topics

Old 01-27-2009, 07:13 PM
Beercan321
Tourer

Don’t buy cheap LED bulbs. Buy high-quality bright LED’s. You want to be seen so don’t be cheap. I use Genesis LED’s (link below). They are DOT approved so you won’t have any problems with State inspection (if you need to get your bike inspected). They are pricey but well worth it in my opinion.

http://www.customdynamics.com/harley...gnal_retro.htm

Old 01-27-2009, 07:19 PM
schumacher
Club Member

Those aren't really that expensive. So they would work fine with the Kury module I'm getting?

Old 01-27-2009, 07:42 PM
Beercan321
Tourer

Originally Posted by schumacher
Those aren't really that expensive. So they would work fine with the Kury module I'm getting?
They are pricey in comparison to a $5 cheap LED bulb. I'm sure they will work as long as the Kury system utilizes standard 1156 or 1157 sockets and the turn signals are the same size as a stock Harley.

Quick Reply: LED turnsignal bulbs: who has them?