General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

new jacket

Search this Thread

Old 06-03-2012, 07:11 PM
NHNightster
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by BWLucky13
Joe Rocket model Phoenix works for me. Black mesh is the only color for me, but be colorful if you prefer. The liner is a light, very tightly woven jacket that is windproof. I carry the liner in a saddlebag for cool weather. So, you can use either jacket independently, or combine them. The armor is ce rated and pretty comfortable. The only negative is that the large back armor will get a little hot and sticky in the warmest weather.

You can start out on a cool morning and have four different options as the weather and your needs change during the day.

Enjoy the ride.
I have a Phoenix jacket and a Harly perforated leather, both are good however the Phoenix is better on really hot days in mid summer.

Old 06-03-2012, 07:14 PM
stevieg
Road Warrior

The original post was over 3 years ago......weird.

Old 06-04-2012, 12:15 PM
ewjax
Advanced

I'm wearing

http://www.leatherup.com/p/Mens-Moto...ing/63776.html

I like it a lot, full CE protection, it fits well, the zipper and snap attachments are high quality and easy to use, the layers are great to allow you to adjust up or down, and it is definitely cool when riding.

Old 06-04-2012, 12:39 PM
WhiteNoise
Road Captain
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I have a couple mesh jackets and I will say that they are worth wearing due to the added protection from the armor but nothing beats not having a jacket on at all during the hot summer hours. When riding my sport bike I torture myself in the summer wearing all my riding gear and on the hottest days 100F+ I'd be so damn hot in all the mesh textile gear I had that sometimes I'd wish I left it at home. The days I said **** it and left them home were the best riding days by far. Sure you get a tan but nothing beats a t-shirt for comfort on hot days IMO.

When i ride my Harley I wear a Tee and thats it. On cold mornings I wear a jacket (Not mesh) and then pack it away for the ride home. I'm much happier this way though I admit if I get into an accident I'll wish I had worn the gear but its a risk I'm willing to take most days.