General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

06 FI RECALL?

Search this Thread

Old 04-24-2006, 10:15 AM
06DEUCE
Road Captain
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default 06 FI RECALL?

I have read on here about some of you getting your injectors replaced with 25 degree inj. i have started to notice a backifire between shifts. this only happens once and a while. is this related to the injector problem? i have a SERT with stg 1 and pipes. i got my 06 last year in late july. the bike runs good other than that...

Old 04-24-2006, 11:10 AM
Branded
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: 06 FI RECALL?

Ints not really a recall its what called a service bullitin. If your bike has the symptoms that is describe by HD they will replace them. Usually a stalling or cold start issue.

Old 04-24-2006, 03:09 PM
wildwill
Elite HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Do a search. There are a bunch of threads about this issue. [sm=type.gif]

Old 04-24-2006, 04:07 PM
richp5
Cruiser

Mine started with the backfiring and progressed to hard starting/engine light staying on/chugging. I had the injectors replaced and as I said in an earlier post have increased my top end immeasurably. I don't know if my gas mileage decreased because I'm always on it now or cause of the injectors but have dropped from low 40's to mid 30's.

Old 05-01-2006, 02:37 AM
mrghos
Road Master

So I just bought a EGS today and I forgot to ask about the 25 degree injectors. Should I be concerned about having the 8 degree injectors. Short of me asking the wrench about it how do I know if I have the 25 degree injectors that I assume I need? And if I do have the 8 degree injectors, do I just tell the service department to put the 25 degree ones in?

thanks for the help...

Old 05-01-2006, 08:48 AM
wnogood
Banned
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ORIGINAL: mrghos

So I just bought a EGS today and I forgot to ask about the 25 degree injectors. Should I be concerned about having the 8 degree injectors. Short of me asking the wrench about it how do I know if I have the 25 degree injectors that I assume I need? And if I do have the 8 degree injectors, do I just tell the service department to put the 25 degree ones in?

thanks for the help...
If you "Tell" the service guy to put the 25 degree injectors in, he will likely tell you to bite his a$$. Your bike will have to meet certain criteria before it will get injectors. My '06 has almost 6k miles on it with the 8 degree injectors with no problems. Basically, if you have problems, tell them about it, if you do not, don't sweat it....

nogood o~`o

Old 05-01-2006, 10:07 AM
claydbal
Cruiser

since you have SERT, i would think it is not tuned correctly. and remember, if you get the new injectors, the bike has to go back on the dyno!!

Old 05-01-2006, 10:19 AM
mrghos
Road Master

[/quote]

If you "Tell" the service guy to put the 25 degree injectors in, he will likely tell you to bite his a$$.

nogood o~`o
[/quote]

Well, I am going to pass on biting anyone's a$$ unless it is my wife's.

So if I do have the 8 degree injectors which I doubt since the scooter is fresh off the truck I will pray for good things...

Thanks man!

Old 05-01-2006, 11:35 AM
hdman
Road Captain

Its easy to tell if you have the 25 degree injectors. You take a flashlight and on the left side of bike,horn side, look between the cylinders and you can see one of the two injectors. The 25 degree is clearly printed on the side of the injector........hdman

Old 05-01-2006, 11:42 AM
mrghos
Road Master

hdman, you are awesome. I should have the bike in about a week so I will check it then... Thanks my man..

Quick Reply: 06 FI RECALL?