General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Motorcycle Clubs and Orginizations

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-2009, 09:41 AM
nola_rider
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Motorcycle Clubs and Orginizations

I was reading in another thread about the disgust with the HOG chapter sitting around at the dealer. Alot of the responders said I,m not a member of anything I ride for myself. It got me thinkin and was wondering who is a member of a club and why.

I am a member of CMA(Christian Motorcyclist Association) mostly because of 1 my faith, and 2 the impact they have on the motorcycling community. They are always involved in local events to help out and do alot of the dirty work.

Old 04-25-2009, 10:08 AM
faber
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Good you found a club that fits. Enjoy it and ride.

Old 04-25-2009, 10:28 AM
Silverstone
Tourer

The same guy that gets mad at HOG members for sitting 'round at the dealers will probably be uptight about Christians sitting 'round in a church.
One life,live it.
Unless you're a cat of course.... Nine lives,party on furry dude.

Old 04-25-2009, 11:14 AM
cowboy1
Road Warrior

It's not that the HOG members sit around at the dealership that bothers people, it's that they hang around there thinking they are tough guys...it's kinda funny to me when some do that. Just because you bought a bike doesn't make you touch and having a HOG patch isn't a club patch.

I'm not a HOG member (except that 1 year comes free with the bike) because although I drive a Ford, I'm not a FOG member and I also had a Yamaha but wasn't a YOG member and didn't join CHOG when I built a chopper...

Old 04-25-2009, 11:43 AM
rdam
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 34 Likes on 21 Posts

Clubs and the reasons people join them are as varied as the personalities of the members. 1%, support, military, police, fire, christian, family, mens, womens, gay, black, hispanic, white. All require different levels of committment.

The following link explains a lot. Personally, I don't agree with all of it. But, it's good info to know. If you spent any time in CMA, they probably taught you some of this stuff.

http://www.rcvsmc.net/

Old 04-25-2009, 11:43 AM
comaman2
Banned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

the hog chapter in my area are full of rubs and dinks,i dont assocciate we these people,but the dealers love em,they will buy anything!!!!!! just to go on a dinner ride with thier saleman!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!f2CK OFF ALREADY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 04-25-2009, 12:08 PM
nola_rider
Advanced

alot of interesting responses so far. Didnt mean to **** anybody off, I was just wondering how many belonged to different things. Some people do it for the prestige and some do it because of the meaning. Just wondering what your reasons were.

Old 04-25-2009, 12:40 PM
joromu
Tourer

Some of these posts sound like the attitudes that some people have of motorcycle riders in general. You think your tough because you have a bike, you want to hang around the sale personnel, you will buy anything so the dealers love you. These stupid attitudes are no different than the people who dislike bikes and put all riders into one category. It sounds like some of the posters have a negative image of themselves and try to take it out on someone they have never met or talked with. I don't belong to any club or organization but I believe that those who do have that right. If this is the way then enjoy themselves, so be it. I do enjoy riding with a group and do so from time to time. To all the negative people. Go get some help with your self esteem and maybe you will enjoy your life more.

Old 04-25-2009, 12:47 PM
WVICEMAN
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm a member of the POW-MIA Riders VMC. I retired from the Navy and since retiring I started working for the Army. I missed the comradery of military members and we try to do a lot of work discovering what happened to a lot of POW-MIA's that there is no accountability for and work with Veterans causes. We are a VMC but our main cause is taking care of our Vets.

Old 04-25-2009, 12:54 PM
nola_rider
Advanced

Originally Posted by WVICEMAN
I'm a member of the POW-MIA Riders VMC. I retired from the Navy and since retiring I started working for the Army. I missed the comradery of military members and we try to do a lot of work discovering what happened to a lot of POW-MIA's that there is no accountability for and work with Veterans causes. We are a VMC but our main cause is taking care of our Vets.
That is awesome I didnt know there was a pow-mia group. I did not serve but have alot of family that did and I am very greatful to all that have served. I think it is a great thing you are doing

Quick Reply: Motorcycle Clubs and Orginizations