General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Asian Guy on a Harley

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-2009, 06:21 PM
jberg
Road Warrior
Received 36 Likes on 28 Posts

In case you're not joking I'll give you a serious answer. There are probably a million non-Asians riding Asian bikes in the US alone so I would get over that right away. Also, there are many Harley Davidson bikes that have low seating that would make you comfortable. I respect your choice to not follow the crowd. You'll love riding a Harley.

Old 04-27-2009, 06:21 PM
Araba Shriner
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If Harley is what you want, go for it !!!

Old 04-27-2009, 06:24 PM
tinman67
Tourer

Funny, most guys are asking if they are too big for a Sporty. The answer is, you can fit the bike to your needs. Go to the dealer, get on one and try it out. As for an Asian guy on a Harley, what's strange about that? Harleys are for anyone who likes them.
Originally Posted by Chrisomino
Hey I am asian and I am thinking of purchasing a Harley as a first bike. I am just curious if its out of the norm to see a asian guy on a harley because I rarely see any at all. I am pretty short at a little above 5'6. Think I would look to small on a sportster iron? what do you guys think of an asian guy on a harley. thanks.

Old 04-27-2009, 06:25 PM
JRK5892
Banned
Received 24 Likes on 22 Posts

my best friend is a filipino... he rocks a tricked out road king... caught flack one time... this old man was saying all sorts of racist slurs... till i got to the point where old man or not i was going to woop his ***... ryan calmed me down and just let it ride.... turns out the fella was on a old FLH... when he left... THE BIKE WOULD NOT START.. the guy came in asking if anyone knew how to work on bikes... (we where all rocking our shop jackets) Ryan (the filipino) actually went out there and got it running for him... the racist old man, came clean man, thanked him and even gave him a oldschool HD pin off his jacket... i thought that was pretty cool

Old 04-27-2009, 06:26 PM
57RebelRocker
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

harley is international...buy one and enjoy it...

Old 04-27-2009, 06:29 PM
njdiver
Road Captain

Like the others said, nobody should care what nationality you are, just ride with respect and enjoy yourself.

Old 04-27-2009, 06:32 PM
BobStreetBob
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

This video should answer yer question: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OmUyE...elated&search=

Old 04-27-2009, 06:35 PM
Twist n Smoke
Cruiser

As long as you don't call it a Howlee Ravidron you can. Just bustin your *****. Have fun it's your money buy what you like.

Edit: BTW welcome to the forum from CA.

Last edited by Twist n Smoke; 04-27-2009 at 06:36 PM. Reason: welcome
Old 04-27-2009, 06:43 PM
AtkRWC
Elite HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

If someone has an issue, you don't want to be around them on or off the bike. I know what you are talking about in a way. My wife and I have experenced the race "issue" in the past as we are from different ethnic backgrounds. Been married over 25 years and I could give a flying you know what if someone has an issue.

Old 04-27-2009, 06:44 PM
stupid_rope
Elite HDF Member
Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

Welcome to the forum. I don't know what asian nation you're from but only the baddest mothers in Korea ride HD...seriously. There is a large faithful following and a ton of them ride full dressers.

Quick Reply: Asian Guy on a Harley