General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

alot of questions on questions these days

Search this Thread

Old 05-05-2009, 04:43 PM
jarhead45
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default alot of questions on questions these days

My bike is down for a bit - waiting on O2 sensors for T-Max. So I am reading the boards and seeing some usual questions concerning patches and customs. So I figure I will help a little ... very little... on some stuff you may or may never see around some patch holders, and it dosent matter if 1,2,3 or even 4 piece patches. Some things are done religiously some not. Believe it or not, I have seen a 4 piece patch.
Addressing the trickiest first
1) If you see a top and bottom rocker with an obvious missing center patch "One that you can see has been there and is no longer" . DO NOT approach this individual with any question at all. He is PIZZED. His club / mother chapter has diciplined him and has had his center patch removed.

now some simple stuff, once again this is not cast in stone and not everyone follows these guidlines. Just things I have seen in my travels...
2) When brothers shake if you watch close you will see 2 taps on the back. One is for the brother one is for the patch.
3) During a funeral run you will see everyone running with passenger pegs down, not packing a biotch. You can figure this one out I am sure. Think lost brothers, and them needing a ride.
4) You WILL always see a prospect guarding the bikes. Usually ...but not always they can be the most approachable. Not always. Just dont distract them from there purpose there and dont linger too long and dont be stupid. But if ya got questions a prospect might be a way to get a introduction to someone who MAY answer a few questions..

There I have done my duty for the new guys on the block. Now maybe a few less shy folks who MAY or MAY NOT want to chime in and add there .2 worth. No club biz just some simple stuff for the young-lings.

Old 05-05-2009, 04:55 PM
Softtail Deluxe
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

great info ...........nice thread .............................Kev

Old 05-05-2009, 05:03 PM
DSnoopy
Elite HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Nice info, and some good heads up knowledge. Thanks!

I have never cared much about how others take my appearance or actions. I just do what is right in my eyes, but this is still good stuff to know. I simply ride with an independent cross (on my back, and a few political statements (Support combat Vets, USA and Colorado State Flags, loud pipes save lives, etc). Simply put, they mean something to me. If they mean something else to other people, that is their problem.

Last edited by DSnoopy; 05-05-2009 at 05:07 PM.
Old 05-05-2009, 05:14 PM
jstreet0204
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Thats pretty interesting about the passenger pegs. Reminds me of when I was in the Army performing funeral details at ANC. The Caison platoon always had one horse with no rider just a pair of boots in the stirrups.

Old 05-05-2009, 05:35 PM
jarhead45
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

OK I will add a few more ... to get the ball rolling, and cause I am bored.

4) PAY ATTENTION !!!! sounds simple. If you look at a cut you will see that some not all clubs have little slogan patches. These are in the club colors and are little slogans in the club ONLY !!! SO dont go out and buy a set or worse have a set made. Like "No quarter given or asked" and my favorite "We give what we get" DONT COPY THESE !!!! Just admire them from afar.
5) For you guys with ol' ladys or wife's that get mouthy when they get drunk. Unless you like to see your lady get rat packed by some real biker chicks ... leave her home. I have seen the dude get adjusted also.
6) Headhunters - A clubber who collects other clubs patches. Watch what ya wear young-lings. If he likes your cut or is offended by it - you will lose it - the hard way. So for you thick headed ones. Dont wear anything you are not willing to die for. Wear what you want, but you have been warned, I have seen some pretty stupid **** go down over a 2X3 inch patch.

Last edited by jarhead45; 05-05-2009 at 06:48 PM.