General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Virginia Beach/Chesapeake Bay Bridge

Search this Thread

Old 05-29-2009, 01:47 PM
Thatguy08
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up

Was stationed at Oceana there in Virginia Beach. We would go to this little bar on the strip called "Envy". Had the best happy hour. They also had cheap crab legs!

Old 05-29-2009, 02:19 PM
Moose69
Novice
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by overhead
I believe it is worth the ride. It is not something I would want to ride over and over again, but it is good for one or two rides.

Seafood? Well that will be a matter of opinion. If you are staying on Atlantic and will be riding to the Bay Bridge Tunnel I would suggest you stop at the Lynnhaven Fish House. Very good stuff with a view of the bay. ( http://www.lynnhavenfishhouse.net/ ). It is a little pricey. Mahi Mah's on Atlantic is also very good, and has seating on the boardwalk ( http://www.dineonthebeach.com/virginia-beach-mahi-mahs/ ). One Fish - Two Fish is also pretty good ( http://www.onefish-twofish.com/ )

Any other questions feel free to let me know. I lived at the Ocean front for 8 years but now live on the other side of the James River in Hampton.
Bubba's at Lesnor Bridge is good as well....you can sit right on the water and watch people ride up and dock to get dinner. Jsut a few miles from the Ocean Front. Watchout for he teenie boppers driving around Atlantic ave!

Old 05-29-2009, 02:22 PM
overhead
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 15 Likes on 7 Posts

Yeah, Bubba's is pretty good. I have been there a couple of times.

Old 05-29-2009, 03:41 PM
daBreeze
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

going to bubbas by boat with some friends from seattle tomorrow evening myself.-The Raven has closed its doors forever im told.

and nice avatar BigDaddy!

Last edited by daBreeze; 05-29-2009 at 03:44 PM.
Old 05-29-2009, 04:25 PM
Plow64
Stellar HDF Member
Received 144 Likes on 113 Posts

If you're going to cross the CBBT and back again, catch it just before sunset when it's nice and cool out. Makes for a better ride.

Check out Chicks Oyster Bar at 2143 Vista Circle. A good hangout at night.

Old 05-29-2009, 06:39 PM
overhead
Outstanding HDF Member

I had no idea so many people from this area where on the site.

Old 05-29-2009, 07:04 PM
SportsterBob
Club Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by harley57
Planning a trip at the end of June from the Charlotte Nc area to Virginia Beach. Staying right on Atlantic Ave. Wondered if crossing the Chesapeake Bay Bridge is worth the toll? Is it okay to travel by motorcycle on the bridge? After a few days in Virginia Beach will head down to the Outer Banks of NC....Can't wait!!!!! Along Beach Street any recommendations for seafood? Who has the best Crab cakes? thanks
WOW, I don't know where to start.....

Coming from Charlotte, you don't have to cross the Bay unless you are headed to MD.....

Pick a path to Emporia, VA and take 58 all the way to 64 then to 264 East.....If you want to hit the Outer Banks you gotta take the Ferry from Knott's Island, NC to NC 158.....

Don't forget to taste that "She Crab Soup" while on the Outer Banks.....It's a NC creation with 1,000 different ways to make it...You'll have to do at least 100 vacations to sample all the different ways it's made....You will have a good time for sure!

Old 05-29-2009, 07:21 PM
overhead
Outstanding HDF Member

She Crab soup is a very good suggestion. The only thing I like more is soft shelled crab on toasted bread. There is nothing like freaking people out by biting into a sandwich that has legs hanging out of it.

Old 05-29-2009, 07:43 PM
walkerinin
Road Master
Received 29 Likes on 11 Posts

I rode across the tunnel/bridge last July on my East coast trip. I thought it was pretty cool. It seemed so unusual to a flat lander like me. If I lived there and was used to the ocean view it might have been so-so but I live in cornfield county and I dug it!

Old 05-29-2009, 10:01 PM
PigInaBlanket
Club Member
Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by overhead
She Crab soup is a very good suggestion. The only thing I like more is soft shelled crab on toasted bread. There is nothing like freaking people out by biting into a sandwich that has legs hanging out of it.
You just made me puke.
The guy at work loves eating those damn little octupus (octopi?) at the local Chinese joint here in Portsmouth and it makes me sick seeing him do it.

Quick Reply: Virginia Beach/Chesapeake Bay Bridge