General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

HELP? I'm very frustrated.

Search this Thread

Old 06-05-2009, 12:32 PM
Yves
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by cHarley
Very, Very, cool of you Gump. If ya ever make your way down to FloriDuh to visit yer outlaws (if I remember that right), look me/us (The HDF FL Crew) up. We'll take good care of you.
I couldn't agree more. If you're ever up in Ontario...hit me up. (and gump, check your pm and send me your info!)

Old 06-05-2009, 12:34 PM
Yves
Intermediate

thanks iceman...I've bookmarked those sites for future reference. I'd found a few online, but couldn't find the TPS I was looking for anywhere. thanks to da gumpmeister, I've got it coming my way via UPS. (MADE MY WEEKEND!!)

Old 06-05-2009, 01:30 PM
hpfatboy
Banned
Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

GOOD LUCK Yves, get all the chores done now!!! So when the bike is up and running you can BLAST-OFF!!! Lotsa nice weather ahead, NO WORRIES!!!

Old 06-05-2009, 02:55 PM
FastHoss
Elite HDF Member
Received 24 Likes on 23 Posts

Good going Gump,I won't even get on you about " Oaklahoma parts discount "

Old 06-05-2009, 04:43 PM
Yves
Intermediate

the part is being shipped up to me by ups. i can't even tell you how relieved i am. gump totally made my weekend.

and yes...i went to the hardware store tonight and stocked up on everything i need to get work done around the house...

1. remove some weeds from lawn and fertilize
2. oil change for lawn mower
3. oil change and maintenance on snowblower
4. installation of central vac system in garage
5. organize manworld a bit more (aka garage)
6. clean and wax wifey's soccer mobile (minivan)
7. mow the lawn

that should keep me busy while the bike sits quietly. once those are done...i'm back on the road!! (thanks again to da gumpmeister...coolest dude i've never met).

Old 06-05-2009, 05:43 PM
Hammer107
Road Master

Originally Posted by Yves
Hey Guys,

In April, I purchased a 2009 883-Iron. Love the blacked out look and I'm new to riding so I figured it would be a good fit to get into the sport.

Today, I found out that I might not be able to ride for 6 long weeks. Why is that you wonder?! I need a part which is on back order.

Here's what happened...

I decided to upgrade to a stage 1 screaming eagle air breather & put on some black V&H staggered short shots. I'm handy enough with a wrench, so I did the install myself (which is quite simple). I didn't buy the fuelpak, so I scheduled an appointment at the local dealer to have the download to remap the EFI system.

When I first started the bike, I noticed that in neutral, it was running very rich and at high rpms. I assumed this would be corrected with the download so I just shut the bike down and figured I'd wait until I got the service done the following day.

I take the bike to the dealer and they can't seem to get a proper read on the computer. After 1 hour, they removed the new air breather and noticed that a screw which was holding the new breather in place (the proper screw for the new breather!) was sticking out the back a bit and had apparently damaged the throttle position sensor. This is what was causing the problem.

Disappointed that a screaming eagle product designed for a 2009 XL bike would damage a stock part, I asked them to just swap the part and I'll pay for it to be on my way. It turns out the throttle position sensor part number #2762901A is on back order across Canada for 6 weeks. I also called a few dealers in the states to learn the same thing. (part on backorder, but only a 3 week wait listed in their system).

My question...

Does anyone know where I might be able to find this part online?!?

HD Throttle Position Sensor for 2009 Iron 883. (part# 2762901A)

I'm new to the sport and not a guy who wants to just ride to a coffee shop and spit shine the bike in my free time. I WANT TO RIDE!!!

Can anyone help me?!?

Thanks in advance guys...
Yves C.
Ontario, Canada
Tell your dealer to man up and take one off a showroom model....either that or take one for a test ride and well...ya know.

Old 06-05-2009, 05:49 PM
cHarley
Club Member
Received 299 Likes on 228 Posts

Originally Posted by Hammer107
Tell your dealer to man up and take one off a showroom model....either that or take one for a test ride and well...ya know.
Guess you didn't bother to read through the thread, huh?

Old 06-05-2009, 06:04 PM
tlb
Elite HDF Member
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

I do not understand why the parts man at the dealer could not of looked on their computer, to see what dealers had the part. They have the capability, I had a part back ordered for a couple of months, then it got pushed back again. The parts guy just looked on the computer and gave me the dealers and phone numbers to order it instead of waiting any longer.

Old 06-05-2009, 06:17 PM
SteveB FLH
Road Warrior

Another "KUDOS to Gump.....a TRUE BROTHER to someone in need...Good job Gump"!

Old 06-05-2009, 08:06 PM
Yves
Intermediate

Originally Posted by tlb
I do not understand why the parts man at the dealer could not of looked on their computer, to see what dealers had the part. They have the capability, I had a part back ordered for a couple of months, then it got pushed back again. The parts guy just looked on the computer and gave me the dealers and phone numbers to order it instead of waiting any longer.
To their credit, they did try that but could only access the information for Canadian dealers. (and none had the part in stock, or even had one on order) The only information they could gather from the US dealers was that it was also listed on back order. (but no individual dealer info)

At least that's what I was told. Unfortunately, the dealership in my city has a reputation for less than stellar service. It got to the point where I was actually getting more help from a dealer 200 miles away. They weren't able to do much more than offer to take payment in advance and put me on a back order list with the faint hope of getting the part before the end of the month. (better than 6 weeks...but still keeps me off my bike)

I've just checked my tracking number and and the TPS should arrive next Wednesday (barring any issues at the border). I couldn't have asked for better.

Da Gumpmeister...please get back to my pm when you can. I've got something for ya.

Last edited by Yves; 06-05-2009 at 08:07 PM. Reason: grammatical error that made no sense

Quick Reply: HELP? I'm very frustrated.