General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Fat Bob v Stree Bob

Search this Thread

Old 06-17-2009, 06:15 PM
rockDAWG
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Centerline
BTW, the mid controls are great as well, if you are in to being in a position to control the bike somewhat aggressively. Love my mids for that and have the forward hiway pegs to stretch out. The bike can be shifted and rear braked from the hiway pegs. Nice to have 2 places to put your feet when traveling.
Steve, How easy to convert the forward control of a Fat Bob to mid control?

Old 06-17-2009, 07:25 PM
Bitter Creek
Cruiser

I almost bought a Fat Bob, but went with the more old school look of the Street Bob. I'm confident that I made the right choice, particularly after seeing all of the customized SB's on this forum.

Old 06-17-2009, 08:18 PM
Juno
Banned

Originally Posted by Centerline
BTW, the mid controls are great as well, if you are in to being in a position to control the bike somewhat aggressively. Love my mids for that and have the forward hiway pegs to stretch out. The bike can be shifted and rear braked from the hiway pegs. Nice to have 2 places to put your feet when traveling.
Well put!!!

Originally Posted by rockDAWG
Steve, How easy to convert the forward control of a Fat Bob to mid control?
You can get a Fat Bob with either mid or forward controls. Converting from forward to mid in my opinion is crazy.

Old 06-17-2009, 08:46 PM
rockDAWG
Road Captain

Originally Posted by Juno
Well put!!!

You can get a Fat Bob with either mid or forward controls. Converting from forward to mid in my opinion is crazy.
I did not realize you can order mid controls. Will the mid controls has the same exhaust pipes?

Old 06-17-2009, 09:00 PM
Juno
Banned

Originally Posted by rockDAWG
I did not realize you can order mid controls. Will the mid controls has the same exhaust pipes?
yes. But don't get too caught up in the exhaust even though it is a nice look. Go more for the feel and overall appeal of the bike to you. Most people will change exhaust several times on their scooter. I wouldn't let that be the main deciding factor.

Old 06-17-2009, 09:05 PM
Tat2dGooch
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

both bikes are very sweet the fatbob looks more meatier and the street bob rides nice ( i rode streetbob 624s)

Old 06-18-2009, 04:39 AM
DEVONBOB
Tourer

I love my 2009 Streetbob looks sharp handles well what a cracker

Old 06-18-2009, 10:09 AM
rockDAWG
Road Captain

Originally Posted by Juno
yes. But don't get too caught up in the exhaust even though it is a nice look. Go more for the feel and overall appeal of the bike to you. Most people will change exhaust several times on their scooter. I wouldn't let that be the main deciding factor.
I understand. I will pay attention to more the feel and appeal of the bike. However, I will most likely stick with OEM exhaust since the aftermarket pipes are too loud for me. I am a low ego emission kind of guy. Flat black and olive drab green are my favorite colors, but no problems with others wanting different from mine.

Lay low and enjoy the ride is what I go after. hahah.

Old 06-18-2009, 03:30 PM
EDZ82FXR
Road Captain

Have an 07 Street Bob, and enjoy every minute of it anytime I go for a ride, this is one of my dream bikes other then having a Custom Chopper..To me I never did like the dual front lights on the Fat Bob or the rear fender, I kind of liked the fender that wraps around the tire a bit..The Street Bob is one hell of a machine to customize, thats why they made it somewhat "Old School" in looks..I looked at the fatbob a lot though and it has been growing on me but I love my street bob more and thats why I got it..In a way I def do wish I had Dual Disk in front tho just in case, I mean my 82 FXR has Dual in front LoL

Old 05-28-2012, 04:45 PM
Destro1103
Intermediate

street bob baby... its a head turner

Quick Reply: Fat Bob v Stree Bob