General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Young(er) riders around Chicago?

Search this Thread

Old 06-30-2009, 06:11 PM
masterblaster
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 258 Likes on 100 Posts

Get a Ninja

Originally Posted by igoclick
Thanks 03 King... I'll take a look, it sounds good.

BTW, I'm not hating on the older riders my girl's grandma still rides her BMW. I'm just looking for a "peer" group.

Thanks to everyone who responded!

Old 06-30-2009, 06:40 PM
deadman77
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 138 Likes on 89 Posts

Damn Dude,

Thanks for warnin me. I sure wouldnt want to be the grey beard gettin in your way.

A "peer group" are folks with the same interests. Glad I would rate with your girls grandma.

Oh yeah, dont worry about offending anyone. Too late for that.

MikeM

BTW, I'm not hating on the older riders my girl's grandma still rides her BMW. I'm just looking for a "peer" group.

Old 06-30-2009, 06:47 PM
sparky1
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

To find a "Qeer" group you'll have to go to a different forum(LOL),and no I will not ride with your girls gramma.

Old 06-30-2009, 09:01 PM
MidnitEvil
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 58 Likes on 49 Posts

Depending on what your interests, likes and dislikes are, you may find you have peers who have managed to develop some gray hairs.

I run into temporary age-ism somewhat regularly as a musician. I like the music I grew up with, and the stuff people "my age" usually play, but, I have always been one looking for, enjoying and playing cool new music too. I'm more than tired of jamming Led Zep tunes, as I have done for the past nearly 40 years. - So... when I'm looking for other musicians to jam with and I find a younger, talented guitarist - his initial reaction is often going to be "Sorry dude - I don't think you'd play what I play" ... to which I generally respond "Just try to keep up - let's rock"

I guess the bottom line here is, I suck at acting my age - no matter what color my hair is!

Old 06-30-2009, 10:26 PM
DPFhd883
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I know how you feel. I'm 22. Luckily I have a few friends that have Harleys on a lil older (37) and one my age. Another guy around my age coming home from towelhead country soon as well. Looking forward to some nice rides with my buddies.

Old 07-01-2009, 07:32 AM
Chicago 03 King
Tourer

I'm not singling you out, but it tends to be a general observation. I've grown up around HD's my entire life. I just bought my first one 6 months ago, had a Yami before that. Most of the HD guys bashed me about not having a real bike and most would not want me around. You get the guys who put 1-2k on their bikes giving me crap about riding a real bike even though I was putting 15k on my little Yami.

I just wanted to put the information out there that we are a majority metric crowd. We're welcoming and fun no matter what you ride, as long as you ride it.

Old 07-01-2009, 09:29 AM
H20DOG
Outstanding HDF Member

I can't find any HOG chapters not hooked up with dealers or over loaded with grey hair. Looking for some fellow Harley fans to ride nights/weekends and I've been trying to loop around Lake Michigan all season or make a run down to the Dragon's Tail.

I'm also a part time photographer and would be interested in shooting any interesting custom/vintage bikes in the area...

I'm at Ashland + Division in the city.

Let me know...
Just a Little FYI: A local HOG Chapter has to be sponsored by a Dealership. Without a sponsoring Dealership the Chapter can not be chartered.

Old 07-01-2009, 09:45 AM
Johnnyiroc
Road Master
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

I am sick of all the guys my age on rockets giving me **** because I have a geezer glide. thats when I break out bike #2 a Kawasaki concours 1000 and whip their 600 wheelie riding asses.

For the last time kids, "NO I wont do a wheelie on the Electra Glide" Go back home and plug in your power wheels.

I like to ride with older people, as they are more experienced and dont do stupid **** like wheelie, get close to me, ride 140mph you know, noob mistakes.

Old 07-01-2009, 10:19 AM
Chicago Bob
Road Master
Received 40 Likes on 2 Posts

This guy didn't mean no insult to us geezers. You'se guys are reading way too much into his post.

Old 07-01-2009, 12:36 PM
Softtail Deluxe
Road Captain

I'm lookin for an all female Harley ridin group with bisexual tendencies , that want me to be the only male rider ..........Ya think I'll have any problems finding them ? ? .......................Kevin ...................by the way ...............I don't mind a little grey hair on top ............as long as she shaves the bottom ..........

Last edited by Softtail Deluxe; 07-01-2009 at 12:39 PM.

Quick Reply: Young(er) riders around Chicago?