General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Trailering to Sturgis

Search this Thread

Old 08-02-2009, 06:14 PM
krwould
Club Member

Received 1,313 Likes on 1,028 Posts

Originally Posted by schumacher
Bwaaahahahahaha!!! Funny Schu... you crack me up!!!!

Old 08-02-2009, 07:59 PM
Metolius
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by aeronautic1
Ever think that someone, like my self, doesn't want to put 4300 miles round trip on a bike? My 07 UC hasn't a scratch or ding in it. One trip like hits would decrease the value of my ride considerably.
gees..I would be stoked to do a trip that long. I thought stuff like that was a badge of honor. I love my bike but I love riding it not just looking at how shiney is. I've only had it since may but I've rode it all over the place in the heat. in lots of rain, sand, a bit of snow. Its been muddy covered in god knows what and thats the way I like it. sure I get bummed about the few chips in the tank but I wouldn't take those miles bike if it would fix it. Just like those people who's homes are so clean and sterile they don't looked lived in. Not for me. Do what you want man I'm not bagg'n on you If you enjoy your bike thats great I just feel bad because you're probably missing out on other things worrying about scratches and paint and miles.

anyways do what you want but for me I don't think I'd trailer, I like the journey more than the destination anyways.

Old 08-03-2009, 04:46 PM
scoteh
Club Member
Received 19 Likes on 8 Posts

Ever think that someone, like my self, doesn't want to put 4300 miles round trip on a bike? My 07 UC hasn't a scratch or ding in it. One trip like hits would decrease the value of my ride considerably.
This statement is one of the most inane that I have seen in a long time. Unbelievable!

Old 08-03-2009, 06:10 PM
jbnl163
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Quote:

Originally Posted by CRF
I just threw up a little in my mouth while I read this...........I'm speechless
Yeah, me too. He should put his bike in a display case in his living room!!

Old 08-03-2009, 06:16 PM
jbnl163
Outstanding HDF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lh4x4
I have made at least 6 trips to the Sturgis ralley and at least five time through the area. From my house of I-80 west to I-35 north to I-90 then west to Sturgis is boring. Especially after almost a dozen times. I have yet to explore all the areas within a two hundred miles of Sturgis.

I prefer to trailer and have my heat and a/c. While tenting at a Sturgis area campground, I have had two tents destroyed by high winds and froze on two other occasions.

It's entirely my decision and no one else. I could care less what a few riders think how it should be done. I believe that maybe they just can't afford a toy hauler and tow vehicle and are jealous losers. I wonder how many of them have done a 14 day 8,322 mile trip with two of the days in excess of 850 miles. Or have done a 2,000 to 4,000 mile ride every year for the past 6 years. So, when I decide to take the toy hauler f--- y -- all.

And most of all do that when you're in your late 60's.

Now, why do I have to be a jealous loser, because I can't afford a trailer. maybe you're just a punk *** poser! __________________
Gunner11
08 Ultra

Yeah, but the poor SOB lost two whole tents!!! You just can't put a price on that or can you...,

Old 08-03-2009, 06:26 PM
lh4x4
Extreme HDF Member
Received 929 Likes on 571 Posts

So what it someone wants to keep their bike in pristine condition. They paid for it not you. You do it your way others do it their way and it's none of you business. Your like a bunch of women yacking over the back fence.

Besides the three bikes in my garage, there are three corvettes and a Viper. The 06 Viper has 4,400 miles on it and the under carriage is polished and spotless. The 02,05 and 08 Vettes are the same all low miles and spotless. To me they are works of art to admire. It is a bonus to drive one on a beautiful to scenic view for a picnic.

My 09 XR1200 may never reach the mileage for service. I am thinking of hanging it from the ceiling along with my 50 collector bicycles.

So you inbred mutated morons STFU.

Old 08-03-2009, 06:28 PM
jbnl163
Outstanding HDF Member

So what it someone wants to keep their bike in pristine condition. They paid for it not you. You do it your way others do it their way and it's none of you business. Your like a bunch of women yacking over the back fence.

Besides the three bikes in my garage, there are three corvettes and a Viper. The 06 Viper has 4,400 miles on it and the under carriage is polished and spotless. The 02,05 and 08 Vettes are the same all low miles and spotless. To me they are works of art to admire. It is a bonus to drive one on a beautiful to scenic view for a picnic.

My 09 XR1200 may never reach the mileage for service. I am thinking of hanging it from the ceiling along with my 50 collector bicycles.

Man, you sound like a real fun guy to ride with.

Old 08-03-2009, 06:40 PM
lh4x4
Extreme HDF Member
Received 929 Likes on 571 Posts

Old 08-03-2009, 07:31 PM
krwould
Club Member

Received 1,313 Likes on 1,028 Posts

Wow!!! Some ones a little OCD!! I guess there is way too much to see in this country of ours to park a clean bike and worry about trivial BS like this!!! Noo we do not all have the money to spend on the toys that you have and I wonder why you are on a forum where most of the people like to actually RIDE their bikes!! Inbred mutated morons??? Hmmmm! Doubt it!!!!!

Old 08-03-2009, 07:53 PM
mcrider1
Road Warrior
Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Wow, I guess we are supposed to be impressed? I would rather have one bike and ride it than 10 to look at. Hell, my '06 carbon fiber road bicycle has 14k miles on it, of course it doesn't hang from my ceiling.

Quick Reply: Trailering to Sturgis