General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

So you have to wear a lid..whats cool?

Search this Thread

Old 08-03-2009, 06:43 PM
Rocker_Dan
Road Warrior
Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by cornishman
Don,t know if your able to try on the Davida if thats what you decide on. I had one and the initial fit was good but after about 2 hours the pressure at the front was too much and it had to go. I bought an HCI 3/4 and i gotta say it fits great its also very light and DOT approved. I,d be the first to admit it ain,t got the protection of my Shoei or Arai fullface but i like the wind in the face in the better weather.

http://www.maxhelmetsupply.com/open-face-wvisor1.html this one? does it sit nice close to your head?

Old 08-03-2009, 08:15 PM
jimmers1817
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

If we were the only person left on the earth would we care if our helmets made us look like a Gazoo, Mushroom head or Power Ranger.

Just goes to show that despite our BS to the contrary, we are a fashion conscious lot. We all want to look cool in the eyes of our perceived audience.

Old 08-03-2009, 09:10 PM
Metolius
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Davidas are awesome! but expensive especially if you have to ship from GB I have a Fulmer V2 and i love it its light soft DOT and isn't too bobble-headish. I have the flat black Ink one but painted over the star.

http://www.fulmerhelmets.com/Product/afv2.html

Old 08-04-2009, 01:52 AM
Rocker_Dan
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by jimmers1817
If we were the only person left on the earth would we care if our helmets made us look like a Gazoo, Mushroom head or Power Ranger.

Just goes to show that despite our BS to the contrary, we are a fashion conscious lot. We all want to look cool in the eyes of our perceived audience.

Naturally that is why we modify our bikes post up pics of them or even bother to be part of a forum... people's views do change and there is nothing wrong with asking for feedback or opinions ... I'm sure you dont think these guys are snappy dressers....

Attached Thumbnails So you have to wear a lid..whats cool?-poison_80sbighair.jpg  
Old 08-04-2009, 06:57 AM
PigInaBlanket
Club Member
Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by Rocker_Dan
I'm sure you dont think these guys are snappy dressers....
haha I bet they don't wear helmets, it would mess up their hair.

Old 08-04-2009, 08:42 AM
flibuoy
Extreme HDF Member
Received 35 Likes on 30 Posts
Smile my opinion is right...at least i think so

Rocker, as a matter of fact I do think they are snappy dressers. Did I change your opinion?

I am partial to the bicycle type styrofoam aerodynamic looking things with the good ventilation. Very lightweight and some have rearview mirrors. Did I influence anyone's "opinion"? With a layer of tinfoil bits they would also provide protection from the government listening to your thoughts and catching you with an opinion of your own.

Everyone has some sort of opinion about what is cool I guess...but I will tell you all for sure...all you real bikers and posers alike, whether you trailer or not...make sure it is the color that Howard Johnsons made famous...bright, almost dayglow, orange with teal. How I wish that was available in denim.

Old 08-04-2009, 06:13 PM
austinharley
Road Captain
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Have you checked out CarbonFiberHelmets? Looks like they offer a lower profile DOT-approved helmet.

Old 08-04-2009, 08:58 PM
kkinderen
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by austinharley
Have you checked out CarbonFiberHelmets? Looks like they offer a lower profile DOT-approved helmet.
This is one of the DOT helmets from CarbonFiberHelmets. I do not like the look but based on a recent poll - apparently it is me and not the helmet that looks bad.

Old 08-05-2009, 12:40 AM
gunner11
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Just get one that does the job, you can look "cool" when you get to where you're going.

Old 08-05-2009, 04:30 AM
Rocker_Dan
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by austinharley
hmmm, interesting....http://www.carbonfiberhelmets.com/trooper.html

Quick Reply: So you have to wear a lid..whats cool?