General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Billy Lane sentenced to 6 years in prison

Search this Thread

Old 08-19-2009, 11:21 AM
DeafUltra
Elite HDF Member
Received 118 Likes on 82 Posts

Originally Posted by justjohn
He already paid off the family.
Didn't know that he paid them off...I only read what has been posted in this thread.

Old 08-19-2009, 01:54 PM
Steve On 3
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 27 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by Phlsphyguy
How is it that a football player (Dante Stallworth) can be high and twice the limit on alcohol, kill a guy while driving and get 20 something days in prison and only a 1 year ban from the NFL and Billy lane gets 6 years? Oh! Wait, that is because he is an NFL player and Billy is a biker...
+1 WE all want the idea Kill a Biker and go to jail but when we as bikers kill someone we should expect no less. I don't agree witht he poster sho said he should do community service and crap. He killed someone because he chose to drink and drive. Don't do the crime if you don't want to do the crime.

Bubba

Old 08-19-2009, 02:19 PM
Mike
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 36 Likes on 33 Posts

He will be doing community service and crap when he gets out of prison. I think I read somewhere (maybe here, lol) that he got a somewhat lighter sentence because his celebrity/notoriety will be used to campaign against driving drunk.

He'll be out of prison in something less than 6 years, I guess. He also had his driving priviledges revoked for life. Gonna be tough for him to maintain his image when he's riding bitch.

Old 08-19-2009, 02:20 PM
TFTCAR
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool

Originally Posted by Dock Holiday
I'm sure if it were me I would have got more jail time and would have already been serving it.

Justice is not always fair but it is final. He will do his time and hopefully set an example for others in the future that may save lives.
What he did was inexcusable but seems to me most of the posts on this fourm that follow this kind of event the driver gets off with a slap on the wrist.

Old 08-19-2009, 03:39 PM
widowmaker221
Cruiser

I am sure he will get bitchslapped in prison which is what he deserves.Can you say Shawshank!

Old 08-19-2009, 03:50 PM
schumacher
Club Member
Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

don't drink and drive

Old 08-19-2009, 05:12 PM
rockDAWG
Road Captain

Originally Posted by DeafUltra
IJMHO, Sending him to prison isn't going to solve any problems. Let him continue to do what he's really good at by building bikes, do community service (Lecturing in TV commercials, Magazines, Schools, and MADD Organizations) for the rest of his life with no driving priviledges, pay the Morelock Family 1 million dollars upfront then 10% of every his bike/residual sales and be a part of the Morelock Family for the rest of his life.

Thorey
He still can serve time and then do community service for the rest of his life. He should have known better.

Old 08-19-2009, 05:23 PM
CRF
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

deserves every day of it.....guy is a ********

Old 08-19-2009, 07:32 PM
cactus789
Road Captain

He did the crime, of course he regrets it, who wouldn't, but that's why we have laws in place , he needs to go to jail. letting him off on community service would have been a huge mistake , the judge got it right.

Old 08-20-2009, 05:19 AM
hpfatboy
Banned
Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

YEAH, "REAL STAND UP GUY". Go drink, and then KILL SOME INNOCENT MOTORCYCLIST. THROW AWAY THE FREAKING KEY I SAY!!!

Quick Reply: Billy Lane sentenced to 6 years in prison