General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Where to buy HD T-shirts from other countries

Search this Thread

Old 08-31-2009, 12:29 PM
Jim Dawson
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 19 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by SoftailBrian
I know some are made over seas, but all mine are great quality and better than most T's out there. All mine say Made in the USA, too.
Mine as well.

Old 09-01-2009, 10:15 AM
dreamer65
Road Warrior
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

I don't understand getting a t-shirt from someplace you never been to or have ridden there.
question I rode cross country back in 1973 (on a kawasaki 500 triple) am I alowed to buy harley shirts from dealers in those states??

Old 09-01-2009, 10:22 AM
kmac89
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by dreamer65
I don't understand getting a t-shirt from someplace you never been to or have ridden there.
question I rode cross country back in 1973 (on a kawasaki 500 triple) am I alowed to buy harley shirts from dealers in those states??
yes but you have to wear it inside out and upside down

Old 09-01-2009, 10:48 AM
Skitzer
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I'd love to get a T-shirt from a HD dealer in Oakland, Ca.

Old 09-01-2009, 01:37 PM
moondog99
Road Warrior
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Dreamer65, read the entire thread. My parents came from Norway and I have been there and the little ladies grandparents came from Romania. That is the reason.

Old 09-01-2009, 02:19 PM
Squishy
Cruiser

I've been looking at the shirts on the Dublin Ireland Harley Davidson site for quite some time. By the time you convert the money and pay shipping to the states it was going to be around $75-80 for a t-shirt! I just have a hard time spending that kind of coin on a shirt. So I'm just waiting until I can make the trip. Figure the shirt will mean a lot more to me that way, and I can probably get two shirts for what I'd pay for one shipped. haha. Oh and from what I hear you can rent a bike from them too, so that comes first and foremost!

Old 09-02-2009, 05:10 AM
FREEFALL
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by BspikeS
just like here in the states the hd shirts in europe are all imported from india, vietnam, china or some country in africa, where women and children are forced to work for slave wages, then they have the ***** to charge $40+ for a shirt that cost them less then a dollar - and people criticize walmart's scrupulous practises - me, i love the hd brand bought my 1st bike in 1969 my last an 03 king with several in between but i stopped buying the clothing years ago, i know all about the global economy but it doesn't excuse a total disregard of human rights just so these corporate ******** can line their pockets - besides the quality sucks
I have a closet full of HD t-shirts from all over.
Most of them are gifts that family and friends have sent me.
Almost all of them are made in the USA.

Never seen a shirt from Africa, hell them folks need to eat too.

Sorry for the rant. If anyone needs/wants a shirt from Okinawa, let me know.

S/F
Freefall

Old 09-06-2009, 08:46 PM
dreamer65
Road Warrior
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by moondog99
Dreamer65, read the entire thread. My parents came from Norway and I have been there and the little ladies grandparents came from Romania. That is the reason.
oh i understand your reason for a tshirt from Norway, I guess it's just a personal thing for everyone

Old 09-07-2009, 10:08 AM
back again
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 4,994 Likes on 2,188 Posts

Originally Posted by FREEFALL
I have a closet full of HD t-shirts from all over.
Most of them are gifts that family and friends have sent me.
Almost all of them are made in the USA.

Never seen a shirt from Africa, hell them folks need to eat too.

Sorry for the rant. If anyone needs/wants a shirt from Okinawa, let me know.

S/F
Freefall
Same boat as you Freefall.Most of the shirts I have have been gifts.I have a issue with 25-30 $ for a t-shirt.Problem with mine is I can only find 2 of the many that were made in the US.G.

Old 09-07-2009, 12:19 PM
Buzzin Brian
Advanced

I have been to 7 different countries and I can tell you HD shirts are harder to find than you might think. I have actually yet to find one while I was out of the country. When I was in Germany I saw an HD sign and with great excitement went inside to do just that, buy a shirt. As it turned out it was a business office. No shirts to be had at all. Actually they looked at me like I was nuts, and didn't speak english at all. So I left empty handed. So in reality I would have to have someone from the areas I have been find them for me, as there is NOT an HD dealership in every town or city you might visit. Actually they are not that common at all, as HD bikes are VERY expensive outside the US (not that they are cheap here either) In Australia a Heritage Classic is about $40,000. While there I saw a total of 2 HD's, and I was there for a week. They are almost looked at like owning a Ferrari. So would I wear one from any of the places I have been outside the US, you betcha! But it would have to be aquired by someone else to even have them. So I do understand this guys request. Good luck on your quest!

Brian

Quick Reply: Where to buy HD T-shirts from other countries