Harley Davidson Forums

Harley Davidson Forums (https://www.hdforums.com/forum/)
-   General Harley Davidson Chat (https://www.hdforums.com/forum/general-harley-davidson-chat-29/)
-   -   Saw A Bike Wreck Yesterday. Mifflinburg PA (https://www.hdforums.com/forum/general-harley-davidson-chat/400880-saw-a-bike-wreck-yesterday-mifflinburg-pa.html)

Geezr Glidr 09-05-2009 10:07 AM

Saw A Bike Wreck Yesterday. Mifflinburg PA

Paramedics & police were on the scene when I rode by. At an intersection in town. Looked like somebody pulled out in front of him. He was about 25 feet from the bike. I asked how he was as I rode by, but everybody just shrugged their shoulders, as to say that they weren't sure. Actually seeing it will sure slow ya down. Anybody around Mifflinburg know how the rider is? It was Friday 9/4 around 4:00 on Forest Hill Rd, just at the edge of town, heading up toward 192.

Harpoonman 09-05-2009 10:23 AM

Originally Posted by Geezr Glidr (Post 5538052)
Paramedics & police were on the scene when I rode by. At an intersection in town. Looked like somebody pulled out in front of him. He was about 25 feet from the bike. I asked how he was as I rode by, but everybody just shrugged their shoulders, as to say that they weren't sure. Actually seeing it will sure slow ya down. Anybody around Mifflinburg know how the rider is? It was Friday 9/4 around 4:00 on Forest Hill Rd, just at the edge of town, heading up toward 192.

Been there done that !! One reason you may have gotten a shrug in response to your concern...is this wonderful Federal Law known as HIPPA...aka Health Information Privacy Protection Act. Any healthcare professional providing you service can not transfer and/or release information to anyone not directly providing care to you with out your written consent.. Several EMS personnel across the nation have seen there certification patches fly away, because of it.

I hate to admit that I have given a similar response. When possible, I will tell the person making the inquiry, that Federal Law prohibits me from answering your question... That usually satisfies them, without making me look like a pompous a$$.

Geezr Glidr 09-05-2009 10:34 AM

Actually, the paramedics were obviously busy, and I didn't even ask the cop who was directing traffic. I asked onlookers who looked like they may have seen it happen --- "laypeople", if you will, so maybe they really didn't know for sure. Just curious to see if there are any forum members around there.

Crushinator 09-05-2009 11:11 AM

I'm sure it will be in the paper. My uncle lives in Penns Creek and he's a biker...Road King and custom. I'll call him and see if he heard anything. Damn, now I'm worried, I hope it wasn't him!

Geezr Glidr 09-05-2009 01:29 PM

Originally Posted by Crushinator (Post 5538237)
I'm sure it will be in the paper. My uncle lives in Penns Creek and he's a biker...Road King and custom. I'll call him and see if he heard anything. Damn, now I'm worried, I hope it wasn't him!

Didn't happen to notice the saddlebags. Looked like it might have been a black FatBoy. Bike was headed south into Mifflinburg, coming down from 192, on Forest Hill Rd. Right before you get to the railroad crossing, coming into town. When I first turned the corner onto Forest Hill Rd, I thought there was something going on at the RR crossing.