General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Saw A Bike Wreck Yesterday. Mifflinburg PA

Search this Thread

Old 09-05-2009, 10:07 AM
Geezr Glidr
Grand HDF Member
Received 258 Likes on 126 Posts
Default Saw A Bike Wreck Yesterday. Mifflinburg PA

Paramedics & police were on the scene when I rode by. At an intersection in town. Looked like somebody pulled out in front of him. He was about 25 feet from the bike. I asked how he was as I rode by, but everybody just shrugged their shoulders, as to say that they weren't sure. Actually seeing it will sure slow ya down. Anybody around Mifflinburg know how the rider is? It was Friday 9/4 around 4:00 on Forest Hill Rd, just at the edge of town, heading up toward 192.

Old 09-05-2009, 10:23 AM
Harpoonman
Club Member
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Geezr Glidr
Paramedics & police were on the scene when I rode by. At an intersection in town. Looked like somebody pulled out in front of him. He was about 25 feet from the bike. I asked how he was as I rode by, but everybody just shrugged their shoulders, as to say that they weren't sure. Actually seeing it will sure slow ya down. Anybody around Mifflinburg know how the rider is? It was Friday 9/4 around 4:00 on Forest Hill Rd, just at the edge of town, heading up toward 192.
Been there done that !! One reason you may have gotten a shrug in response to your concern...is this wonderful Federal Law known as HIPPA...aka Health Information Privacy Protection Act. Any healthcare professional providing you service can not transfer and/or release information to anyone not directly providing care to you with out your written consent.. Several EMS personnel across the nation have seen there certification patches fly away, because of it.

I hate to admit that I have given a similar response. When possible, I will tell the person making the inquiry, that Federal Law prohibits me from answering your question... That usually satisfies them, without making me look like a pompous a$$.

Old 09-05-2009, 10:34 AM
Geezr Glidr
Grand HDF Member

Actually, the paramedics were obviously busy, and I didn't even ask the cop who was directing traffic. I asked onlookers who looked like they may have seen it happen --- "laypeople", if you will, so maybe they really didn't know for sure. Just curious to see if there are any forum members around there.

Old 09-05-2009, 11:11 AM
Crushinator
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm sure it will be in the paper. My uncle lives in Penns Creek and he's a biker...Road King and custom. I'll call him and see if he heard anything. Damn, now I'm worried, I hope it wasn't him!

Old 09-05-2009, 01:29 PM
Geezr Glidr
Grand HDF Member

Originally Posted by Crushinator
I'm sure it will be in the paper. My uncle lives in Penns Creek and he's a biker...Road King and custom. I'll call him and see if he heard anything. Damn, now I'm worried, I hope it wasn't him!
Didn't happen to notice the saddlebags. Looked like it might have been a black FatBoy. Bike was headed south into Mifflinburg, coming down from 192, on Forest Hill Rd. Right before you get to the railroad crossing, coming into town. When I first turned the corner onto Forest Hill Rd, I thought there was something going on at the RR crossing.