General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What A Piece of Junk

Search this Thread

Old 06-17-2006, 03:01 PM
Punky Brewster
Banned
Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
Default RE: What A Piece of Junk

ORIGINAL: solorider

Exactly,****** & Topper did this a while back..................this is just a little payback.Their just here to stir,& some of you got stirred
Yeah, this may be true, but....

OPJ has gotten a lot of good advice from a bunch of sincere folks here on the forum. If the intent was to troll, stir, and get us riled up, he has failed for the most part and probably is disappointed with the outcome. I prefer taking the chance that this is legit and trying to help the guy out.

Just an opinion...
Of coarse OPJ got alot of good advice.That's what makes this site so great.But comeon now.Bought the bike March 29th & to have the problems he claims to have is just insane.It's not a 1946 scoot,it's a 2006.Am I expected to believe that 1-a person would take del. of a scoot with ALL those problems,& 2- am I really expected to believe a dealer(any dealer) would screw a guy that just paid $26,000 on a scoot.Snopes is gonna have a field day with this one.Anyone who believes this story,I have an island I want to sell you[8D]

Old 06-17-2006, 03:06 PM
bikergirl40
Elite HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

ORIGINAL: 87lowrider

Of coarse OPJ got alot of good advice.That's what makes this site so great.But comeon now.Bought the bike March 29th & to have the problems he claims to have is just insane.It's not a 1946 scoot,it's a 2006.Am I expected to believe that 1-a person would take del. of a scoot with ALL those problems,& 2- am I really expected to believe a dealer(any dealer) would screw a guy that just paid $26,000 on a scoot.Snopes is gonna have a field day with this one.Anyone who believes this story,I have an island I want to sell you[8D]
Well island or no island....I can believe it. There has been numerous accounts of poor dealer workmanship on this forum before. Guys who have had mods done on their bikes only to have nothing but problems afterwards. This is no different than the rest, other than, in this particular case it's a NEW bike.
You can never rule out the idiot factor in any shop.

Old 06-17-2006, 03:23 PM
Punky Brewster
Banned

ORIGINAL: bikergirl40

ORIGINAL: 87lowrider

Well island or no island....I can believe it. There has been numerous accounts of poor dealer workmanship on this forum before. Guys who have had mods done on their bikes only to have nothing but problems afterwards. This is no different than the rest, other than, in this particular case it's a NEW bike.
You can never rule out the idiot factor in any shop.

With the so-called amount of problems he claims to have,he would not have been able to ride it home.If it were me I would have posted the dealers name without any one asking.He was asked & no reply.Cause it never happened,sure folks have had problems with work done & always will.That's a given,but to this extent is purely impossible.So who's the dealer we all want to know,but you won't get an answer.

Old 06-17-2006, 04:12 PM
T Tommyt
Road Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ORIGINAL: Crazy Canuck

Sounds like a trouble maker to me. Please, how could so many
things go wrong on any brand of motorcycle...

Crazy Canuck[sm=smokin.gif]
I am in transit on this
but due to this place being so good and helpful , if YOU REALLY want some good info.
YOU POJ should produce a scanned copy of some type, workorder or a bill of sale from HD

I think you would be able to clear all this up
if not then I think its speaks for it self, where come from

I really hope your american about it

Old 06-17-2006, 09:03 PM
Crazy Canuck
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Come on now Kirbygirl
I've never heard of anything like that. Over 11 problems in
1000 miles. Ask him what dealership it is and see if he answers
you.

Old 06-17-2006, 09:38 PM
Punky Brewster
Banned

Come on now Kirbygirl
you.

I think you mean bikergirl

Old 06-17-2006, 10:39 PM
SMenasco
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

First, thank you for your service to our country. Second, when you went to pick up the bike and they told you they had to tear the engine down, you should have had a spit-droolin' fit right there in the floor and demanded a new bike. Let HD worry about the problems. Of course, it's too late for that now, unless you continue to have problems. Third, if you're not a troll, you probably could have chosen another tone to wail to us about Harley Davidson. (My mother-in-law was a board certified guaranteed class A dizzy bitch, but I wouldn't let anyone else call her that, understand?) If you are a troll, phuch off.

[IMG]local://upfiles/1638/D97D8576DA2040D9916F7F0FC3119A9E.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]local://upfiles/1638/DEF67060B5054D46A8ABC32F96F6861F.jpg[/IMG]

Old 06-17-2006, 11:16 PM
Rick51
Account Deactivated
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sounds like your dealer is not the brightest bulb either!

Old 06-17-2006, 11:30 PM
bikergirl40
Elite HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Come on now Kirbygirl
you.

Yes, it is Bikergirl...by the way.

Ok then...Mr. OverPricedJunk...howsabout it?... Who is the dealership you have been referring to?
Inquiring minds want to know!

Old 06-17-2006, 11:58 PM
Punky Brewster
Banned

OK lets see what we got so far.OPJ paid $26,000 on a scoot with alot of upgrades.Got from Frieze Harley which sells MSRP bikes(meaning no upgrades).Bought the scoot March 29th & has a little over 1000 miles(took it for his 1000 mile service,what happened to 500).The dealer tells him the bike isn't under warranty due to the after market exhaust that THEY installed(see first 2 lines).Also not under warranty due to having the same problems over & over.Why would a MSRP dealer sell a scoot with all mods & not have it under warranty,why would a moron buy such a thing.With all these problems he wants this one ,not a new one.

Quick Reply: What A Piece of Junk