General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What A Piece of Junk

Search this Thread

Old 06-16-2006, 11:24 PM
zombie
Banned
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: What A Piece of Junk

ORIGINAL: Brian Rhoden

ORIGINAL: zombie

ORIGINAL: BluegrassBuck

You know it seems Harley owners are azz holes. I'm not sure I like being a Harley owner!
Easy way to rectify that problem...

http://www.hogs4sale.com/

GL1800Riders Classifieds-For Sale Only

Good luck to ya.
Thanks for the hogs4sale link, zombie! I'm in the market for a used Harley.
Right on Brian...anytime

Old 06-16-2006, 11:28 PM
The HalfBreed
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Like it was mentioned earlier, all bike makers have lemon bikes out there, none excluded.

For those that say you should be 'there', or on "this or that forum" or "fill in the blank" they just don't get it. Children usually don't.

You have every right to be here, and they should show some compassion towards your unfortunate situation. I do. I'm just sorry you had to go thru that sort of mess, and I hope your problems are resolved in short order. Most bikes don't exhibit these problems when new. I think you just got one of 'THOSE" bikes. Make Harley stand up behind their product. !

Hope things work out for ya....

Old 06-16-2006, 11:31 PM
UltraBrian
Road Warrior

Got my eye on a 2003 100th anniversary edition Heritage Classic. Black in color with Reinhart pipes and pretty much all accessories that I would want on it. Working with my Financial Manager (Wife) and winning!!!

Oh, wait, do not want to change this topic........"Harley bad.....bad Harley.....no buy Harley.....bad Harley....."

You kiddin' me?!?!? Want a nice ride? GET A HARLEY!!!!!

Old 06-16-2006, 11:34 PM
Punky Brewster
Banned
Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

ORIGINAL: cutacroshorty

Some of you guys got suckered into that one.

Harley guys go over to the Goldwing sites and do the same thing. What a deal!
Exactly,****** & Topper did this a while back..................this is just a little payback.Their just here to stir,& some of you got stirred

Old 06-16-2006, 11:38 PM
SDMF
Road Warrior

OverPricedJunk [sm=WTFsgign.gif] are you thinking. If you knew from the get-go that this bike had problems, why didn't you tell the dealer you wanted a different one. Oh yeah, that right because you have [sm=smiley35.gif] for brains [sm=loser.gif]. Some peoples kids. Do i come to your chess club and tell you that your mother dresses you funny????

Old 06-17-2006, 12:43 AM
1flhtk4me
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 86 Likes on 64 Posts

ORIGINAL: mrghos
Taking the plunge and pouring money into the bike whether it be for parts, chrome or service is what the experience is all about.

I bought my RG about 2 weeks before this guy did.I cant say it is a piece of junk.
I also new about the money thing before I took the plunge.

His story reminds me of two brand new mc's I bought,first one was a '70 Honda trail 90(yellow) and the second one was a '77 Maico 450(yellow).Both were lemons and I will never buy a yellow vehicle again!

Old 06-17-2006, 12:48 AM
Punky Brewster
Banned
Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

ORIGINAL: 1FLTRI4ME

ORIGINAL: mrghos
Taking the plunge and pouring money into the bike whether it be for parts, chrome or service is what the experience is all about.

I bought my RG about 2 weeks before this guy did.I cant say it is a piece of junk.
I also new about the money thing before I took the plunge.

His story reminds me of two brand new mc's I bought,first one was a '70 Honda trail 90(yellow) and the second one was a '77 Maico 450(yellow).Both were lemons and I will never buy a yellow vehicle again!
This whole thread is a ruse to stir the pot.

Old 06-17-2006, 12:59 AM
Clammy
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 1,757 Likes on 771 Posts

ORIGINAL: OverPricedJunk

Obviously I went about this the wrong way and I am sorry that I offended a lot of people. I honestly am at my wits end about this motorcycle. I really have had all of the problems mentioned and don't really know what to do anymore. Harley says that the exhaust glowing red is normal. Some how I just have a problem with that. Many of you have mentioned the Lemon Law but to be honest I don't want a new bike I want the one I have to be right. As previously mentioned I am going to have some more work done on it next week and hopefully that will be the last time I have to take it to the shop for a while for a problem. The only thing that I am worried about is the fact that I am being told what I am doing may and probably will void the warranty.
Any advise would be appreciated.
I'd be concerned about a glowing exhaust too. That usually means it's running very lean (and HOT!). If you don't want another bike, just keep taking it back for warrantee work until you're satisfied.

I'd still be after HD for a new bike... or take it to another shop for the work. Maybe the techs at your dealer are no good.

Good luck with whatever you decide to do.

Cheers!
[sm=icon_rock.gif][sm=icon_rock.gif][sm=icon_rock.gif]

Old 06-17-2006, 01:06 AM
1flhtk4me
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 86 Likes on 64 Posts

ORIGINAL: 87lowrider
ruse
[/quote]

Damn,had to look that word up in the dictionary!

Old 06-17-2006, 01:10 AM
Reino
Ultimate HDF Member

If you think Harleys are overpriced there you wouldn't want to know what we pay for them down here. It takes dedication to pay more for a bike than the average family car. I do feel for you OPJ, it's a bummer when you get a lemon or the service is not up to scratch. Hope it works out for you, 99% of Harley owners are happy with theirs and it would be nice to have you in that group.

Quick Reply: What A Piece of Junk