General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Free Harley Parts!!!

Search this Thread

Old 09-24-2009, 04:16 PM
Gutman
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by schumacher
UPS is taking over Harley delivery?

Very kewl, I work for them

Supposed to be. Couldn't be soon enough. UPS rumored to have hired alot of the old MOCO driver's.

Old 09-24-2009, 04:36 PM
Seascape
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

670 E dead ends into Port Columbus International Airport. It was built primarily to accomidate (or attract) business to and from downtown Columbus.

Old 09-24-2009, 07:00 PM
DannyZ71
Extreme HDF Member
Received 16 Likes on 16 Posts

Beware of any great deals going on in your area. Remember, if it's too good to be true, it probably was involved in that crash.

Old 09-24-2009, 07:58 PM
gs34doc
Big Kahuna HDF Member

Received 895 Likes on 633 Posts

WoW!! Pre-wrecked Harleys. Who'da thunk it. I'll bet the MOCO will find a way to charge extra for that.
Probably start by doubling the "handling charge"...since they had to be handled twice.

Old 09-24-2009, 08:23 PM
RideDglide
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by cfs754
Somebody's gettin a call from one of the 3 or 4 dealers around town here about a slight delay in their delivery date...

I hear the truck driver puckered so hard he was stuck to the seat!
Was it a stock seat? Cuz I hear they stuck too...

Old 09-24-2009, 08:27 PM
Softtail Deluxe
Road Captain

They might have been heading to Northstar or A.D. Farrow . I'd hate to be the guy waiting on my new ride now ..................Kev

Old 09-24-2009, 09:26 PM
dawg
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 3,025 Likes on 1,741 Posts

Years ago a train wrecked that was hauling brand new corvettes. They had to crush all the corvettes because they couldn't sell them or any parts off of them due to liability reasons. I reckon this will have to be the same situation. If someone bought one of those bikes and got into an accident, they could say it was because of an unknown condition due to being on that truck. I can't imagine that MOCO would allow any of those onto a dealer floor. I could be wrong, but....

Old 09-24-2009, 10:55 PM
OhioSkully
Club Member
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

I talked to some people at Ad farrows to day as i was picking up an oil filter and they said from what they heard they were not any of there bikes. They were bikes going to the warehouse or coming from. Apparently there is a warehouse that HD delivers to then they pay other drivers to deliver to local harley dealers from there all over ohio. As the guy at farrows thought there harleys come in delievered on HD trucks they drop off there and then pick up forks and shocks from our shop from what i understand.

I know one night there was a brand new motor on one of the trucks at our shop that had been refused delivery at AD farrow as something in the semi fell over and hit the motor and messed up some finish and stuff.

Old 09-25-2009, 05:54 AM
badwhine
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 8 Likes on 3 Posts

The carrier is SCG a contract truck delivery service for new bikes. We call them Somalian Carrier Group because so few of the drivers can speak english.

Old 09-25-2009, 06:29 AM
cfs754
Cruiser

670 E dead ends into Port Columbus International Airport. It was built primarily to accomidate (or attract) business to and from downtown Columbus.

------------------------------------------------------

Actually, 670 dead ends into 270 on the east side - there is an exit for the airport, but hard to imagine them doing any air freight out of port columbus with rickenbacker on the south end. You should get out of dublin and see the rest of the town...

Quick Reply: Free Harley Parts!!!