General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Chesters Harley Davidson - Mesa AZ

Search this Thread

Old 12-07-2009, 05:33 PM
Woody7
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I've done business with Chesters and Superstition, both are good Shops.

Old 12-07-2009, 08:57 PM
fastbagger
Road Captain
Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

Yup Chesters are good people.

Old 12-07-2009, 09:58 PM
petemac
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Not to rain on your parade, I'd have been pissed that after only 4k miles of riding the bike the tensioners went and took all the other stuff out with it. Tells me they never did a proper check of the bike(tensioner shoes) before they sold it to you. You got lucky with by having the extended SP, but what if you didn't? You'd be out $2,200 because they were too lazy/cheap to inspect and replace the shoes before they sold it to you.

Old 12-07-2009, 11:01 PM
Moog Player
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I bought one bike from them as Chosa's (When they were on McClintock at University AMF era) and one at the new store now that it is Chester's. Jerry was an *** that had no business on the sales floor but for the most part always had great staff. If you didn't deal with the owner it was a great place to go! The recent buy was pretty nice. Best I've ever been treated by any dealership. I bought a used bike and knew the problems with it and calculated the costs to service when I made the offer I did. They accepted and I threw the bike in a trailer and took it home. a few weeks later, and I've got a practically new Ultra that should be good for another 50K miles before it needs any more major work. (The only thing I haven't repaired is the radio head dead left channel) I did not pay them to service it, I did it myself or had a friend with a very good independant shop do it. Parts came from Stubbs as they would give me a better price. Chester's was "MSRP ONLY" and 'we'll order it'. Stubbs was 10 percent or more off and had it in stock. But while I was there, I saw a guy roll out on a 2009 Road Glide (21,000miles)he just picked up from them for 14,000. They do make good deals on bikes.

Old 12-07-2009, 11:58 PM
TXSwede
Elite HDF Member
Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

The only thing I have had done at Chester's is an oil change. I recently moved so it's my closest dealer now. I was very impressed with the staff. I had to wait for the bike, cuz I had no one to pick me up that day, but while I was waitinge they told me to help myself to the fridge with water and soda and the lounge there is REALLY nice! Comfortable leather couch with a big screen TV and pool table. I strolled around the huge used section and did notice some deals I thought looked pretty sweet. Also looked at their $30K Indians, in the separate Indian showroom. I have had most of my work done at Buddy Stubbs, as has my brother and neither of us have nothing but good stuff to say about them guy's as well. Phoenix is actually a pretty darn good place to be a biker type. Cept it rained today for the first time in a few months and got down almost into the 40's...Brrrr!!!!!!

Old 12-08-2009, 09:08 AM
NoBoldRider
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

It's good to know they're still an outstanding dealer. I bought my son's Sportster there when they were Chosa's. I was afraid they would change for the worse when the name changed.

Old 12-08-2009, 09:13 AM
NoBoldRider
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by petemac
Not to rain on your parade, I'd have been pissed that after only 4k miles of riding the bike the tensioners went and took all the other stuff out with it. Tells me they never did a proper check of the bike(tensioner shoes) before they sold it to you. You got lucky with by having the extended SP, but what if you didn't? You'd be out $2,200 because they were too lazy/cheap to inspect and replace the shoes before they sold it to you.
I don't know that you could really say that. One of my tensioners disintegrated only about 750 miles after they were inspected. There was little or no wear on the other one.

Old 12-08-2009, 09:29 AM
petemac
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

It's true that you never know when they will go and the wear is not linear. But I find it hard to believe that they checked them at 34k, looked fine and then blew up 4k miles later. The dealer knows it's a wear item and at this mileage it should be checked and replaced if needed. I'm guessing they never bothered to open it up and inspect it.

Originally Posted by NoBoldRider
I don't know that you could really say that. One of my tensioners disintegrated only about 750 miles after they were inspected. There was little or no wear on the other one.

Old 12-08-2009, 09:38 AM
Gutman
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

It's true that you never know when they will go and the wear is not linear. But I find it hard to believe that they checked them at 34k, looked fine and then blew up 4k miles later. The dealer knows it's a wear item and at this mileage it should be checked and replaced if needed. I'm guessing they never bothered to open it up and inspect it.

You have no clue. It is not a service interval to check. 30k is a good point to check them but there is not guarantee their wear limits are at this interval. The dealer cannot be responsible for this. They did their part and provided a good service. People like you will never be satisfied.

Old 12-08-2009, 09:45 AM
ftanner
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

That's precisely why I suggested Buddy Stubbs to him. That seems awfully early for a dealer sold bike to have a major issue, even if it was used.

Quick Reply: Chesters Harley Davidson - Mesa AZ