General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

I am so FREAKIN' proud of some of you...

Search this Thread

Old 07-16-2006, 10:03 PM
orangecrush
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default I am so FREAKIN' proud of some of you...

I noticed on some of ya'lls signature, it lists Patriotic Guard rider (or something to that equivalent, my apologies, I don't remember exactly what it said0
I saw it and since I'm new to the Harley scene, I didn't know exactly what it is and what they do. (figured something to do with national guard)

Anyway, while sitting in the emergency room (my little girl had to have staples removed out of her head) I was reading a US News or Time magazine. The article went on to describe some off the wall nut with 75 disciples that protest and shout obscenities at funerals of military personell. In this article, there was a young man who died in Iraq and the memorial services were being held.

A large group of riders known as the Patriotic Guard shows up and keeps these nuts from disturbing and disrespecting the services. As of right now, there are apparently 28000 members in the Patriotic Guard. Some ex-military, some just riders that respect what the military have done.

I read the article and it made my eyes glaze and making me SO PROUD to be associated with some the finest members that ride HD's.

KUDOS to all of you that are associated with the Patriotic Guard and for all the military and ex-military members everywhere.

Mark

Old 07-16-2006, 10:49 PM
Punky Brewster
Banned
Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
Default RE: I am so FREAKIN' proud of some of you...

ORIGINAL: orangecrush

I noticed on some of ya'lls signature, it lists Patriotic Guard rider (or something to that equivalent, my apologies, I don't remember exactly what it said0
I saw it and since I'm new to the Harley scene, I didn't know exactly what it is and what they do. (figured something to do with national guard)

Anyway, while sitting in the emergency room (my little girl had to have staples removed out of her head) I was reading a US News or Time magazine. The article went on to describe some off the wall nut with 75 disciples that protest and shout obscenities at funerals of military personell. In this article, there was a young man who died in Iraq and the memorial services were being held.

A large group of riders known as the Patriotic Guard shows up and keeps these nuts from disturbing and disrespecting the services. As of right now, there are apparently 28000 members in the Patriotic Guard. Some ex-military, some just riders that respect what the military have done.

I read the article and it made my eyes glaze and making me SO PROUD to be associated with some the finest members that ride HD's.

KUDOS to all of you that are associated with the Patriotic Guard and for all the military and ex-military members everywhere.

Mark
Het Mark.New York Patriot Guard Rider here.Nice post bro,If it moves you then join.No dues & no requirements.just got to love your country & our young men & women in the service.Here's a link www.PATRIOT GUARD.org.Iv'e been on a few missions & I can tell you.It's a very humbling experience[sm=americanasmiley.gif]

Old 07-16-2006, 10:58 PM
atrox88
Ultimate HDF Member

Received 55 Likes on 45 Posts

Yes indeed! What 87 lowrider said. We are now at over 45000 strong and growing.
Go to the link and sign up. Its free and you can help to.
http://patriotguard.org/

Old 07-16-2006, 11:01 PM
cutacroshorty
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I haven't been a member of the Patriot Guards very long but that's what we do. Just 2 weeks ago the Patriot Guards along with Rolling Thunder honored a returning home veteran from Iraq with 223 motorcycles.

Old 07-16-2006, 11:01 PM
Bruce00
Extreme HDF Member
Received 23 Likes on 18 Posts

There no better feeling that paying your respect for an American Hero[sm=smiley2.gif]

Old 07-16-2006, 11:16 PM
Punky Brewster
Banned

ORIGINAL: cutacroshorty

I haven't been a member of the Patriot Guards very long but that's what we do. Just 2 weeks ago the Patriot Guards along with Rolling Thunder honored a returning home veteran from Iraq with 223 motorcycles.
You know you made that vet damn proud to serve[sm=americanasmiley.gif]

Old 07-16-2006, 11:21 PM
Punky Brewster
Banned

Hey Mark here's a few pics from one of our missions here in NY.Pic # 2 should be me & kjriv

Old 07-16-2006, 11:24 PM
Punky Brewster
Banned

ORIGINAL: 87lowrider

Hey Mark here's a few pics from one of our missions here in NY.Pic # 2 should be me & kjriv
Damn one & tthree are the same
OK here's a few more

Old 07-17-2006, 12:16 AM
RDKingRider
Extreme HDF Member

It is truely such a small thing that we can do for [sm=americanasmiley.gif]our heros.

Old 07-17-2006, 12:18 AM
RDKingRider
Extreme HDF Member

There no better feeling that paying your respect for an American Hero,now hurry and sign up.
www.patriotguard.org

Quick Reply: I am so FREAKIN' proud of some of you...