General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

How to deal with the wife when

Search this Thread

Old 01-13-2010, 08:07 PM
CraigsStreetbob
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How to deal with the wife when

she tells you her friend's friend just died in a motorcycle accident(Tbone at X section) and ASKS you to sell your ride for the sake of your young and unborn child . I will never do that even though I have a young daughter and another on the way. I try to change the subject, but all I get is tears. How do you all deal with your woman ? Ladies feel free to give any advice as I would love to get inside your heads on this thought process and what to say. I always tell her in life there are no guarantees. I love my family very much, but am also shelfish by nature. TIA

Old 01-13-2010, 08:11 PM
will2002
Extreme HDF Member
Received 2,104 Likes on 1,024 Posts

What if the friend died in a car crash? Ya gonna sell the car too? Just asking.........

Old 01-13-2010, 08:12 PM
ghostrider69
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

When the good Lord wants you home you're going. It doesn't matter if your on a bike or in a truck or car. When he calls for you there's no avoiding it.

Old 01-13-2010, 08:13 PM
dope_man_21
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

I have always looked at like this: when it your time to go, you will be gone, no matter if you are sky diving with out a parachute or sitting on the toilet taking a ****.

Old 01-13-2010, 08:17 PM
fixedmlc
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I don't have kids for that reason. I'm selfish and I embrace it.

It's my opinion, but you kind of gave up being selfish when you had kids. Your wife has a valid point in worrying about you getting killed and taking that risk on the motorcycle. Instead of digging in, maybe talk with your wife?

Shoe on other foot: Your wife is out with friends and you are at home taking care of 2 little ones. Up walks the police officer to inform you that she's dead, and she was out doing something you didn't really want her to do because it was dangerous.

Just sayin', not trying to argue, just sayin'.

Old 01-13-2010, 08:18 PM
Jon H
Road Master

Originally Posted by will2002
What if the friend died in a car crash? Ya gonna sell the car too? Just asking.........
And to take it one step further:
If the friend died at work, would ya quit work?

Old 01-13-2010, 08:19 PM
fixedmlc
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Trying to say that riding a motorcycle is the same risk as driving in a car, truck, etc. is not being realistic. It's much, much more dangerous.

Old 01-13-2010, 08:21 PM
2kids3pets
Elite HDF Member
Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

I sold my bike when we started a family 25 yrs ago for financial reasons and for the very reason your wife wants you to sell yours....my girls are now all growen up and almost on their own and now that $$ is once more plentiful I got back in the saddle

Old 01-13-2010, 08:22 PM
OTTO
Cruiser
Default wife

Mine was the same way now she rides her own bike . You know what they say men are from mars and women are from venus. I think thats it. Any way you cant live with out them for long.

Attached Thumbnails How to deal with the wife when-cliffs-bike-2.jpg   How to deal with the wife when-angie-bike-1.jpg  
Old 01-13-2010, 08:23 PM
lizdc
Elite HDF Member
Received 23 Likes on 14 Posts

Right now she is scared.. Be gentle... She is reacting from that fear and trying to control fate. Being knocked up makes us desire to protect our love ones more than ever. Think a cornered mama grisly bear.

I would say say as much as you can to reassure her that you are being careful. Agree to nothing ..

Quick Reply: How to deal with the wife when