General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:
View Poll Results: A poll
I wear a vest with patches all the time.
19.36%
I have a vest with patches, but rarely wear it.
15.96%
It depends on my mood, and who I'm with.
14.26%
They make nice wall decorations.
17.66%
What's a patch?
32.77%
Voters: 470. You may not vote on this poll

Patch, or no patch?

Search this Thread

Old 07-25-2006, 03:50 AM
Tailbreaker
Road Warrior
Received 29 Likes on 8 Posts
Default RE: Patch, or no patch?

I have sewn patches on my jacket, just to make it different than all the other jackets on the shelf. I never have liked a vest though.

Old 07-25-2006, 03:57 AM
HDFAN
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ORIGINAL: haksaw

you're a dork if you have an occ patch on your vest or your one of the posers who bought those stupid vests with patches already sewn on. Those don't turn you into an instant biker, only an instant dork.

[sm=exactly.gif]

Old 07-25-2006, 04:03 AM
JBBOOKS
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Patches? Not for me, thanks.

Old 07-25-2006, 04:59 AM
Crankshaft
Road Warrior

Patches? No thanks, I'm with Flying Pilgrim on this one.

Old 07-25-2006, 05:02 AM
LDrider
Cruiser

I wore a vest with pacthes/pins regularly in the 80's, sometimes in the 90's and now it just hangs in the closet.

Old 07-25-2006, 05:45 AM
Islander
Tourer

The local coconut-head club here invited me to join. Said "you can only wear our t-shirt when you ride, and you can only ride when we ride.

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!: D

I almost fell off the back of my Wide Glide laughing my *** off!!!!!

My polite reply was "when you buy my clothes, you can tell me what to wear, and when you buy my hog you can tell me when, where, and with whom I can ride it."

I'm pretty sure they heard me laughing all the way back down the hill.

Old 07-25-2006, 06:28 AM
dgator66
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

No patches or pins. They just never were my thing. Now, t-shirts are another matter. I have been picking up a t-shirt at every dealer or motorcycle shop I stop at since the 80's. They remind me where I have been. I don't have any that I didn't buy myself. My best friend went to Hawaii and offered to buy me one, but at 55 bucks, I had to say, "Hell No". Needless to say, I have a buttload of t-shirts, but the funny thing is most of them shrank over the years. All short sleeved. Mostly black. I don't wear them every day, but it is cool seeing my kids walking around in a shirt that I bought before they were born. Some fashions never get old.

Old 07-25-2006, 06:39 AM
Islander
Tourer

ORIGINAL: dgator66

No patches or pins. They just never were my thing. Now, t-shirts are another matter. I have been picking up a t-shirt at every dealer or motorcycle shop I stop at since the 80's. They remind me where I have been. I don't have any that I didn't buy myself. My best friend went to Hawaii and offered to buy me one, but at 55 bucks, I had to say, "Hell No". Needless to say, I have a buttload of t-shirts, but the funny thing is most of them shrank over the years. All short sleeved. Mostly black. I don't wear them every day, but it is cool seeing my kids walking around in a shirt that I bought before they were born. Some fashions never get old.

Same here! I have HD shirts from Europe, Asia, US, Indonesia, etc. All black, all different, all very very cool!!! Love 'em!!!!

Old 07-25-2006, 06:42 AM
millzog
Big Kahuna HDF Member
Received 118 Likes on 113 Posts

ORIGINAL: dhutchison

I'm not trying to **** anyone off, but what's up with patches? When I joined HOG, first thing I got was a damn patch. And I get one every year I'm a member. When I was an officer, the Blue Knights gave me some more patches. Same thing with the AMA. More patches! So now I have a drawer full of all theese patches that I will never use. One reason being, I don't like to wear a vest. Another being, I don't like to advertise. Like I said, I'm not cracking on anyone at all, just curious to see the results, and maybe a post as to why you do or don't wear them.
I have a vest with patches and I like wearing it. Shows that I enjoy the places and events that I have been to. I show it with the patches. Steve from Az. Oh, by the way I noticed you still have the Harley sticker on your tank ................... not to **** you off, but isn`t that kinda " advertising. " Derek, have a nice day and ride safe !

Old 07-25-2006, 07:23 AM
AceHog
Road Captain

I agree Terry
ORIGINAL: Terry1955

ORIGINAL: Comfortably Numb

No vest, no patches, never will. If I wanted to look like a dork I'd become a Shriner.
Wearing a patch does not make you a dork. Acting like a dork makes you a dork. I know many Shriner's. I would not call them dorks either.

P.S.

Send me a self addressed stamped envelope and I'll send you an HDForums.com Patch.

Quick Reply: Patch, or no patch?