General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Toy Hauler Travel Trailers

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-2010, 09:45 AM
Just Don
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

FXDXTSport - I agree, that is the type I first spotted. ForestRiverInc.com has some nice units, very similar. Probably all made in the same factory. I've tried to simplify my life as I get older, as I think it will make retirement a hell of a lot more affordable. Give me a guitar, motorcyle, a good book,and a roof over my head and I'll be fine. Wait...I forgot about my wife and an occasional bottle of good tequila. I like the enclosed "trailer" idea with the motorized beds dropping down. I also would like to avoid hauling it around with a big gas guzzling dually so I will probably have to limit myself to a 23 footer, or so.

Attached Thumbnails Toy Hauler Travel Trailers-bikeforum2.jpg  
Old 02-20-2010, 10:24 AM
Detachment2
Advanced

I luv the toy haulers and started out with a 25'. I then wanted more room and went to a 31' tailgator pull behind with open floor plan and drop down beds. I made the mistake of seeing a Raptor by Keystone RV which is one of the top rated toy haulers out there. They have pull behinds and numerous 5th wheel set ups. Obviuolsy I went bigger again. If you are spending a lot of time camping it is great to have a LARGE shower where you can actually turn around in it, LARGE bathroom where you can comfortably read your Easyriders, large living quarters for those rainny days, a nice big bedroom, and obviuolsy a nice seperate garage area to pull you bike in at night and be able to walk around and clean it if desired. This is a 2004 Raptor. Don't be discouraged by the prices you see listed. If you get left overs or keep an eye on them you can get good/great deals which is what I managed to do. I did get a dually truck but my 3/4 ton crew cab I had prior would have pulled it I just feel better with this set up and managed to get a good deal as well from the dealer on a left over. They're are some awesome set ups out there.

NICE LOOKING HERITAGE YOU HAVE!

Attached Thumbnails Toy Hauler Travel Trailers-100_0114.jpg   Toy Hauler Travel Trailers-043_43.jpg   Toy Hauler Travel Trailers-040_40.jpg   Toy Hauler Travel Trailers-042_42.jpg  
Old 02-20-2010, 10:28 AM
ChromeJunkie
Seasoned HDF Member

Received 3,891 Likes on 1,699 Posts

I would love to have one, but if I could ever afford one, I would have to buy a new truck to pull it. Most toyhaulers need a 3/4 ton or larger truck to pull it, and my little 1/2 ton is way underpowered to pull one. If I could just remember to buy that winning lottery ticket.

Old 02-20-2010, 10:29 AM
Wallaby
Club Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'd love a Fuzion, but too rich for me.

Old 02-20-2010, 10:37 AM
NAMVET
Tourer

Not the best pic, but have a Campmaster touhauler, got it in 05, hauls two dressers
has worked out great.

Old 02-20-2010, 10:52 AM
wkdayridr
Cruiser

What's a trailer????

Old 02-20-2010, 12:02 PM
Retrax
Tourer

Originally Posted by ChromeJunkie
I would love to have one, but if I could ever afford one, I would have to buy a new truck to pull it. Most toyhaulers need a 3/4 ton or larger truck to pull it, and my little 1/2 ton is way underpowered to pull one. If I could just remember to buy that winning lottery ticket.
And the fuel. I used to have a 1 ton duallie to pull my Keystone Tailgator toy hauler (29 foot I think?). The duallie had a 454 and I got a whopping 4.5 MPG pulling it with 2 bikes inside. I gassed up next to a guy with a brand new duallie pulling the same trailer. His truck was getting only 5.5 MPG. I went through about 175 gallons of gas just to get to Sturgis. When fuel prices spiked I sold the toy hauler because it would cost me $1500.00 in gas just to get to Sturgis and back from St. Paul MN (about ten hours away).

Now I have a Superduty Diesel and 15X8.5 enclosed cargo trailer. It has 110 outlets inside and a roof AC, ramp door and two RV type side windows. I am working on finishing the interior but I won't have a bathroom or kitchen.

Old 02-20-2010, 01:51 PM
MidnitEvil
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 58 Likes on 49 Posts

Originally Posted by 1skrewsloose
you might look at "toy hauler magazine.com." Not sure if it's legal for me to even post this.
It's not.

The police are on their way to your house as we speak.

Old 02-21-2010, 08:49 AM
Just Don
Cruiser

Detachment2 - That is a fine looking rig. Excellent choice in your ride as well. If you aren't already aware there is an awesome cruise control available for the softails with Harley components. Wont work on California models though. I love it even on my 44 mile commute it comes in handy.

Last edited by Just Don; 02-21-2010 at 08:58 AM.
Old 02-21-2010, 08:57 AM
Just Don
Cruiser

Originally Posted by Retrax
And the fuel. I used to have a 1 ton duallie to pull my Keystone Tailgator toy hauler (29 foot I think?). The duallie had a 454 and I got a whopping 4.5 MPG pulling it with 2 bikes inside. I gassed up next to a guy with a brand new duallie pulling the same trailer. His truck was getting only 5.5 MPG. I went through about 175 gallons of gas just to get to Sturgis. When fuel prices spiked I sold the toy hauler because it would cost me $1500.00 in gas just to get to Sturgis and back from St. Paul MN (about ten hours away).

Now I have a Superduty Diesel and 15X8.5 enclosed cargo trailer. It has 110 outlets inside and a roof AC, ramp door and two RV type side windows. I am working on finishing the interior but I won't have a bathroom or kitchen.
Hotels and my bike trailer are looking better all the time. If I could convince my wife I wouldn't become road kill crossing the country I'd just buy her a plane ticket and meet her wherever we were going. I don't see that happening though. She had a near death experience and it has changed her outlook on what she considers unnecessary risk taking.

Do you have a link on that enclosed trailer?

Quick Reply: Toy Hauler Travel Trailers