General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

HD Jeans... get 'em while there hot!

Search this Thread

Old 02-24-2010, 04:57 PM
SUPRPIG
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default HD Jeans... get 'em while there hot!

Quick note... just bought some HD Branded Blue Jeans on sale for $29. They are advertising them in a Mailer I just got as well. Can't buy a pair for that of most name brands. They came outr with a new style distressed look.

Old 02-24-2010, 05:03 PM
Just-a-Guy
Road Master

Made in China?

I got a mailing the other day and saw that. I dunno, if I'm gonna by Chinese made blue jeans I can get Wranglers or Lees at Wal-Mart for $11. [shrug]

Old 02-24-2010, 05:24 PM
SUPRPIG
Road Master

American jeans used to mean Levi, Wrangler, and Lee, to name a few. Today, Levi jeans are made overseas. Wrangler and Lee brands are owned by VF Corp., which also owns Chic Jeans, Riders, and Rustler brands. VF Corp. has manufacturing plants located in the United States , as well as other parts of the world. So, while it MAY be possible to find a pair of Wrangler or Lee jeans made in USA , it's a bit like looking for a needle in a haystack. Likewise, jeans made for LLBean, Landsend, and the GAP are imported. http://www.stillmadeinusa.com/jeans.htm

There are some options out there! Getting hard to find things that are not made overseas totally or in part, like all the HARBOR FREIGHT tools, lifts, etc. which are very popular. I too try to buy American... but confess I can't exclusively.

Old 02-24-2010, 05:31 PM
Just-a-Guy
Road Master

Yup, agree completely. I've represented some fairly high-up people in the fashion industry (including VF people), and I know it well. It's sad what has happened. I grew up in NC, in cotton and textile territory...or, what used to be cotton and textile territory. Lots of empty mills there now (or last time I looked anyway).

There's another thread on here somewhere about jeans, and some interesting links to US made brands I didn't know about. I plan to try them (once I lose ten more pounds ). In the meantime, I just go to Wal-Mart, because there just isn't much choice. And I buy some tools from Northern Tool, and other crap from Home Depot. The world is going to hell fast and I'm contributing to it... like most everyone else.

Still, I have a hard time swallowing "Harley Davidson jeans" made in China, and "on sale" for $30. Maybe. I'll have a look I guess. But like I said, the local Wally World has Wranglers for $11 all day long, and they work ok for me...

Interesting topic anyway...

Old 02-24-2010, 05:41 PM
frogg
Road Warrior
Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Some people just have to have the HD Brand on their clothes.
You know Fashion Coordinated for that Sunday ride.

Old 02-24-2010, 05:58 PM
goo
Tourer

and harley forks are made where?

Old 02-24-2010, 06:05 PM
PistonPuller
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I don't know. I spend $30 for Levis, so that doesn't seem like a bad price for jeans, especially Harley brand clothing.

Old 02-24-2010, 07:51 PM
mid evil train
Road Master
Received 15 Likes on 3 Posts

I dont own any Harley jeans, but I do own a few of their dress shirts or button downs. They may be made overseas, but I think they still require their clothes to be of higher quality then your run of the mill clothes.

Old 02-24-2010, 08:09 PM
lizdc
Elite HDF Member
Received 23 Likes on 14 Posts

I have a pair of HD jeans but I got them off of ebay so they were cheap..

You can find a ton of stuff from people who go to MOCO and brand themselves esp girls who find a biker BF then dump them..

Old 02-24-2010, 08:38 PM
wcsj55@yahoo.com
Extreme HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Don't care for Harley Jeans,I buy wranglers and Dickies from wally world for under $20 a pair !!!

Quick Reply: HD Jeans... get 'em while there hot!