General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New tv series decision

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-2010, 12:16 PM
fhansen
Cruiser
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default New tv series decision

With the success of motorcycle gang flicks, I’ve recently been pondering a couple new story-lines, and welcome any help you could muster.

SOL, Sons of Lars Seeney.
The story of a Scandinavian immigrant to the US who became the founder of a motorcycle gang compromised solely of himself and his 27 sons. Lars was a big man with a heart to match but could never overcome issues with kleptomania, a trait he passed onto his boys. The other problem was that he wasn’t very good at theft though that was his sole means of support and, even when he did manage to rip something off, he’d inevitably end up with a guilty conscious and return the goods he stole or make some sort of restitution. As a result he and his family were always broke, thus the fitting handle, SOL.

SOBs, Sons of (Auntie) Bee’s
Auntie Bee was a different sort altogether. An elderly woman with the face of a cherub, she had a notoriously wicked character. And her offspring were just as bad while sharing the same angelic facade. They could literally get away with murder, no matter how strong the case against them. I haven’t developed the story much further than this thus far.

Last edited by fhansen; 04-22-2010 at 11:54 PM.
Old 04-10-2010, 12:28 PM
schumacher
Club Member
Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts
Old 04-10-2010, 12:37 PM
will2002
Extreme HDF Member
Received 2,104 Likes on 1,024 Posts

Well, either one of those sounds a heII of a lot better than American Chopper!

Old 04-10-2010, 01:02 PM
harleydavis
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 30 Likes on 21 Posts

Good luck with your Auntie Bee storyline development.

Old 04-10-2010, 01:11 PM
oct1949
Club Member
Received 816 Likes on 802 Posts

need a sheriff in there.... ahhhhhhhh,,, call him Andy....

Old 04-10-2010, 01:15 PM
fhansen
Cruiser

That was great-gotta love Monty Python. Love the way your bike's set up, too, BTW-a lot like mine!

Last edited by fhansen; 04-10-2010 at 01:18 PM.
Old 04-10-2010, 01:21 PM
fhansen
Cruiser

Originally Posted by schumacher
Don't know why that didn't work right the first time. Anyway:

That was great-gotta love Monty Python. Love the way your bike's set up, too, BTW-a lot like mine!

Old 04-11-2010, 04:23 PM
fhansen
Cruiser

Well, thanks for the input, guys, but with the rather lackluster response overall I guess I’ve gonna have to scrap the project. A lot of entertainment value lost-and it’ll have to rest on the heads of the other forum members. Oh well, cest la vie & all that.

Old 04-11-2010, 04:32 PM
schumacher
Club Member
Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

I think the SOB's has potential

Old 04-18-2010, 11:13 AM
fhansen
Cruiser

Originally Posted by schumacher
I think the SOB's has potential
Alright, that’s encouraging. So far most seem to be leaning towards the SOB platform. Maybe more people are intrigued by SOBs than SOLs-if for no other reason than SOBs are often winners while SOLs are, well, SOL. And while a generally nice SOL gang family could make for a good underdog-type story line-and I haven’t given up on it yet- SOBs usually seem to be the ones we end up idolizing and want to see more of for some reason.

But come to think of it, why not have both gangs in the story? They could be rivals-SOBs against SOLs-and we sit back and watch the fireworks! Maybe we could incorporate the idea of oct1949, having a small town sheriff –and perhaps a bumbling deputy?- go up against the SOBs, where the gang, led by their Auntie, slaughter the pair on Main Street, sending an unmistakably clear statement as to their radical anti-EPA exhaust sound level legislation viewpoint. Then the SOLs ride up on their EPA compliant machines and tell the SOBs how it wasn’t nice to kill the officers and pretty soon they get into a shouting match about the morality of having loud bikes and it doesn’t take long for the guns to come out and a shoot-out to begin.

The problem is, it also doesn’t take much time for the SOLs to feel embarrassed about the decibel level of their firearms and to cease fire-they know they’re disturbing children playing in a park nearby. With the sun in their eyes and the shooting suddenly stopped, the SOBs become momentarily confused and think they’ve won, allowing the SOLs to make a whisper quiet escape on their EPA compliant scooters. An SOB sends off a wild last shot, ricocheting off the derby cover of Lars’ bike and killing one of his least favorite sons. Lars pouts about the grazed derby cover for weeks until he can’t take it any more and must strike back-which leads into the next episode.

Maybe this could work after all.

Last edited by fhansen; 04-19-2010 at 08:01 AM.

Quick Reply: New tv series decision