General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Rocker (Patch) Question

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-2010, 09:19 PM
j33ptj
Road Warrior
Received 114 Likes on 81 Posts

I think its funny how these MCs calim to be free, and their own rules are stricter than most we non liberated folks have to deal with!

The following users liked this post:
Anbu9000 (09-07-2016)
Old 04-28-2010, 09:32 PM
pococj
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 1,212 Likes on 462 Posts

Originally Posted by j33ptj
I think its funny how these MCs calim to be free, and their own rules are stricter than most we non liberated folks have to deal with!
I claim to be free. I was in the military and claimed to be free there, too. I'm now in a VMC and still claim to be free. But that is my choice - to freely join an MC, to freely support my brothers, and to freely support the aims of my club.

Old 04-28-2010, 10:07 PM
frenchman
Elite HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

I guess they were part of a whole probationnary chapter. Means they are a bunch of members who are prospecting to a club as a whole.
I can't speak for others, but in the AOA for example, probies in an existing chapter wear a one piece patch saying "probationnary outlaw", while a prospect chapter wears top and bottom rocker only, and an AOA frontpach with "probationnay" instead of USA, Europe, or any other continent. Different clubs, different ways.

The following users liked this post:
Anbu9000 (09-07-2016)
Old 04-28-2010, 11:45 PM
brutalbrad
Road Warrior
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by LAMing
AH! So the three of them were probationary members of the named club? (All of their vests had the "PROBATIONARY" bottom rocker.) Got it.

I don't have what it takes to ever belong to an MC... but I do find their heirarchy/protocol/etc kind of interesting.
The club was a probationary chapter. could have patched over from another club or a start of a new chapter with new members.

Old 04-29-2010, 05:13 AM
hpfatboy
Banned
Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Any club worth a damn would never give all 3 pieces out to a prospect. Especially club name and colors. They would start with ONLY there bottom rocker (TERRITORY) and a small prospect patch on chest, and if there really good boy's they might see the other 2 pieces in DUE time.

Last edited by hpfatboy; 04-29-2010 at 05:15 AM.
Old 04-29-2010, 06:15 AM
Warrior Redleg
Road Master
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by pococj
I claim to be free. I was in the military and claimed to be free there, too. I'm now in a VMC and still claim to be free. But that is my choice - to freely join an MC, to freely support my brothers, and to freely support the aims of my club.
Amen Brother Poco!

Old 04-29-2010, 07:46 AM
Mntsnow
Road Master
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I would be venturing a guess they were part of a patch over to a larger club

Old 04-30-2010, 02:00 PM
shortride
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by j33ptj
You knew you would get somebody that wanted to make an issue about being free.

In a MC, I think the initiation may have more to do with finding out how badly someone want to be a member. I haven't seen a MC yet that didn't have issues with management or someone thinking they know best what the club should be doing or who's really in charge. Kind of remind you of our government huh?

Old 04-30-2010, 06:19 PM
SgtMic
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 53 Likes on 47 Posts

Originally Posted by hpfatboy
Any club worth a damn would never give all 3 pieces out to a prospect. Especially club name and colors. They would start with ONLY there bottom rocker (TERRITORY) and a small prospect patch on chest, and if there really good boy's they might see the other 2 pieces in DUE time.
Don't paint with such a broad brush there bubba. There is a difference between being a prospect and being a probie depending on the club. I've seen 3 piece patches (dominant club) with the probationary bottom rocker.

Old 05-06-2010, 04:32 PM
TW
Road Master
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

If the center piece was on there, more likely than not then it was a patch over of an existing club.

I may be cheap (and/or easy), but definately not "free".

Last edited by TW; 05-06-2010 at 04:34 PM.

Quick Reply: Rocker (Patch) Question