Harley Davidson Forums

Harley Davidson Forums (https://www.hdforums.com/forum/)
-   General Harley Davidson Chat (https://www.hdforums.com/forum/general-harley-davidson-chat-29/)
-   -   Bell Custom 500 3/4 Helmet (https://www.hdforums.com/forum/general-harley-davidson-chat/511805-bell-custom-500-3-4-helmet.html)

brutalbrad 05-05-2010 10:15 PM

Bell Custom 500 3/4 Helmet

Ok so I bought the Bell Custom 500 3/4 Helmet from www.Bellhelmets.com April 13th and have yet to receive anything. They mentioned it was on back order but I guess i'm just getting anxious.

Wanted to know if anyone else has had experience with bellhelmets.com?

aviator 05-05-2010 10:29 PM

they're waitin' for the paint to dry.

hope you get it before the riding season is over.

Lincoln33 05-06-2010 12:17 AM

I ordered mine from J&P and had it on my doorstep within five days. Not rubbing it in just letting you know.

dag5984 05-06-2010 01:27 AM

I am having to wait for mine too. Ordered last week of April. I called them the other day and they said they will not get the next shipment in unitl late may or june! They said I am on that list and you have to be the first. So I should have mine in about a month...if the size is not correct I don't know what I will do...I dont want to wait 6 months for a propper fit helmet. I ordered the speed soul, which did you order? They also told me next year the lids are going to be massed produced so these pre-production waits will be gone and new colors available. Kinda kills the limited edition I hoped to be buying.

Ribaldmanikin 05-06-2010 10:36 AM

I ordered the orange lid yesterday from extremesupply.com. It didn't say anything about back-orders... so I'm hoping it shows up soon. They were the only company that had stock that would ship USPS. (UPS is evil)

babalu 05-06-2010 10:47 AM

i ordered one from J&P in early April (orange metalflake) was told it's on backorder until late June or early July if they make them at all. I just said forget it and got a fulmer V2 in plain black. basically the same helmet but the fulmer is cheaper. the bell is a bit more polished looking but i don't care.

The Wolf 05-06-2010 10:50 PM

I was at Iron Pony in Columbus on Tuesday. They have all of the 500's on the shelf. You can order them at ironpony.com They are pretty sweet!

brutalbrad 05-07-2010 11:37 AM

Originally Posted by dag5984 (Post 6673687)
I am having to wait for mine too. Ordered last week of April. I called them the other day and they said they will not get the next shipment in unitl late may or june! They said I am on that list and you have to be the first. So I should have mine in about a month...if the size is not correct I don't know what I will do...I dont want to wait 6 months for a propper fit helmet. I ordered the speed soul, which did you order? They also told me next year the lids are going to be massed produced so these pre-production waits will be gone and new colors available. Kinda kills the limited edition I hoped to be buying.

I bought the Soul Speed as well. and maybe they will mass produce different designs...

QS78 05-07-2010 12:35 PM

bought the same helmet from motorcycle superstore
few days and got it at home !!

but it is limited number, so maybe they r right

NightsterAl 05-07-2010 01:07 PM

In the same boat as brutal... I dont remember anything on their site saying they were on back order when I placed my order. Kinda pissed about it.