General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Bell Custom 500 3/4 Helmet

Search this Thread

Old 05-05-2010, 10:15 PM
brutalbrad
Road Warrior
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Bell Custom 500 3/4 Helmet

Ok so I bought the Bell Custom 500 3/4 Helmet from www.Bellhelmets.com April 13th and have yet to receive anything. They mentioned it was on back order but I guess i'm just getting anxious.

Wanted to know if anyone else has had experience with bellhelmets.com?

Old 05-05-2010, 10:29 PM
aviator
Elite HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

they're waitin' for the paint to dry.

hope you get it before the riding season is over.

Old 05-06-2010, 12:17 AM
Lincoln33
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I ordered mine from J&P and had it on my doorstep within five days. Not rubbing it in just letting you know.

Old 05-06-2010, 01:27 AM
dag5984
Advanced

I am having to wait for mine too. Ordered last week of April. I called them the other day and they said they will not get the next shipment in unitl late may or june! They said I am on that list and you have to be the first. So I should have mine in about a month...if the size is not correct I don't know what I will do...I dont want to wait 6 months for a propper fit helmet. I ordered the speed soul, which did you order? They also told me next year the lids are going to be massed produced so these pre-production waits will be gone and new colors available. Kinda kills the limited edition I hoped to be buying.

Old 05-06-2010, 10:36 AM
Ribaldmanikin
Road Master

I ordered the orange lid yesterday from extremesupply.com. It didn't say anything about back-orders... so I'm hoping it shows up soon. They were the only company that had stock that would ship USPS. (UPS is evil)

Old 05-06-2010, 10:47 AM
babalu
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

i ordered one from J&P in early April (orange metalflake) was told it's on backorder until late June or early July if they make them at all. I just said forget it and got a fulmer V2 in plain black. basically the same helmet but the fulmer is cheaper. the bell is a bit more polished looking but i don't care.

Old 05-06-2010, 10:50 PM
The Wolf
Intermediate

I was at Iron Pony in Columbus on Tuesday. They have all of the 500's on the shelf. You can order them at ironpony.com They are pretty sweet!

Old 05-07-2010, 11:37 AM
brutalbrad
Road Warrior
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by dag5984
I am having to wait for mine too. Ordered last week of April. I called them the other day and they said they will not get the next shipment in unitl late may or june! They said I am on that list and you have to be the first. So I should have mine in about a month...if the size is not correct I don't know what I will do...I dont want to wait 6 months for a propper fit helmet. I ordered the speed soul, which did you order? They also told me next year the lids are going to be massed produced so these pre-production waits will be gone and new colors available. Kinda kills the limited edition I hoped to be buying.
I bought the Soul Speed as well. and maybe they will mass produce different designs...

Old 05-07-2010, 12:35 PM
QS78
Tourer

bought the same helmet from motorcycle superstore
few days and got it at home !!

but it is limited number, so maybe they r right

Old 05-07-2010, 01:07 PM
NightsterAl
Cruiser

In the same boat as brutal... I dont remember anything on their site saying they were on back order when I placed my order. Kinda pissed about it.

Quick Reply: Bell Custom 500 3/4 Helmet