General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Im moving to Virginia!!

Search this Thread

Old 05-16-2010, 09:46 PM
Coolbreeze
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Im moving to Virginia!!

Well, that is if I can talk the wife into selling her business, and cutting off her moms apron strings! Lol! I took my vacation this week just chilling out at my brother in laws new house, and took a few rides around the Glouchester area. For all you guys that took the time the other day to stop and give me route pointers, and advice, thanks so much. I dont think I have ever had as many compliments on my bike as that.

I was stopped at a 7 11 and a group of about 15 folks pulled up and noticed that I am from NC and asked if I needed help. I dont want to mention the clubs name because maybe they wouldnt like that, but you guys are awesome! I wasnt far from my bro in laws house, so I knew where I was and told em I was just stopping for a smoke before heading back. Nicest group ever. Not to mention the countless people I met during my whole week that tried to show me a good time or were just plain friendly as hell. (Rick, thanks a million, I needed that! By the way, I dont think I will be painting my bike solid black so that yours can have a twin twisted sister lol!).

Anyhow, I dont know how many of you folks are from around that area, but dont change one bit! Thats what its all about. I think there is a club in my area that could take a few lessons from the club that I met up there and all the other folks in socializing. For that matter, I think my whole area at home here could take a few lessons for that matter! Had a great week, aside from me being a lazy **** the whole time. I even got to put my mechanical skills to work with a limited amount of tools on a 79 FXE Shovelhead! It was freaking great seeing the look on the guys face when I got it to fire right up! (He had an electrical short in the headlight wiring, so I cut and spliced the wires, got his battery charged back up, and off he went.)

Good times man, good times!

Old 05-16-2010, 09:48 PM
GMbagger
Road Captain
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Welcome to hell. Va sucks, but the roads are cool.

Old 05-16-2010, 09:53 PM
will2002
Extreme HDF Member
Received 2,104 Likes on 1,024 Posts

I was in NC just last month. Thought it was a OK place!

Old 05-16-2010, 09:54 PM
Coolbreeze
Road Master

What sucks about it? I didnt find anything other than the backroads are poorly maintained that I didnt like, and I could live with that. I did get a few brake lights from the LEO's as I passed, but was never harassed.

Old 05-16-2010, 09:55 PM
Coolbreeze
Road Master

Originally Posted by will2002
Yeah, well, my next trip is to Texas! Get the beer ready! Lol!

Old 05-16-2010, 10:15 PM
NSCoyote
Club Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

hey i hope it works out for ya like most places the locals might not like it as much as you do but every place has its own beauty you just gotta be able to see it

Old 05-16-2010, 10:16 PM
Coolbreeze
Road Master

Originally Posted by will2002
Shoulda hit me up man! I could have shown you some real riding round these parts lol! I love to ride in this area, but I love the experience of meeting new friends all over.

Old 05-16-2010, 10:19 PM
oct1949
Club Member
Received 816 Likes on 802 Posts

just like the song.... love the one Ur with....

Old 05-16-2010, 10:20 PM
Coolbreeze
Road Master

Originally Posted by NSCoyote
hey i hope it works out for ya like most places the locals might not like it as much as you do but every place has its own beauty you just gotta be able to see it
Nah NSC, I aint really gonna move there. It would take away from the whole perspective of it all. If I moved to every little town I went to that I enjoyed, I would never get any riding done! People can be great most of the time, and thoroughly enjoyed each and every day.

Old 05-16-2010, 10:21 PM
Coolbreeze
Road Master

Originally Posted by oct1949
just like the song.... love the one Ur with....
Exactly!

Quick Reply: Im moving to Virginia!!