General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What have some off you been doing your whole life?

Search this Thread

Old 05-19-2010, 10:25 AM
bigstevex4
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What have some off you been doing your whole life?

I dont know not tring to be a smart *** well matby a little. how and the hell can you live to be in your 30s 40s 50s and never have riden motercycles. by the time i was 12 had had my *** chewed by the cops a dozen times for riden dirt bikes on the street. Had my first street bike before i was 16 honda 750 four that was 1974 that summer at 16 rode from colorado to wisconsin back through montana wyoming that was great bought a tire with amost all the money i had changed it in the parking lot. been ridn ever since wrecked god knows how many bike. Drinking and riding is Bad since i quit that cant get me off the things. any way if you still havnt taken the plunge what are you waiting for.

Old 05-19-2010, 10:32 AM
frog13
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 15 Likes on 9 Posts

Seriously, that's a legitimate question? What if a pilot asked you what you have been doing with your whole life, he's flown planes since he was sixteen? How about the off roader that lives in the mud and can't figure out why you don't do it? Some people get it, some don't, it's that way for every hobby, lifestyle, whatever you want to call it. I've been ridin' 35 years, have ridden (my mc, not fly 'n ride or trailer) in every state except Hawaii, plus most of Canada and some good chunks of Mexico, but I never question anyone's decision not to ride, that is purely their decision. For me, my life is over when I can't ride anymore, but that doesn't necessarily apply to my neighbors, friends and family.

Old 05-19-2010, 10:40 AM
fixedmlc
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I've had other interests. Like learning spelling and punctuation.

Old 05-19-2010, 10:45 AM
golfblues
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 1,434 Likes on 874 Posts

Originally Posted by fixedmlc
i've had other interests. Like learning spelling and punctuation.

rotflmao! It took me quite a while to get through the OP.

Last edited by golfblues; 05-19-2010 at 11:26 AM.
Old 05-19-2010, 10:59 AM
frog13
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by fixedmlc
I've had other interests. Like learning spelling and punctuation.
Now that's funny, I don't care who ya are!

Old 05-19-2010, 11:09 AM
barjbar
Elite HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Ummm some people are afraid of being killed by a cager. Can't say ai blame them either.

Old 05-19-2010, 11:09 AM
bigstevex4
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

oh my spelling is bad that realy cuts deep who gives a you know what! no i don,t spell worth a dam and i cant hear very good either spent my life wrenching on heavy eguipment not doing paperwork and christ some of you people are so fricking sensitive. just making a statement about how i don,t under stand what moves people to dicide to take up riden. when i was 5 i was tring to figure out away to put an eng. on my bike.
Guess for some of us we were just born with it.

Old 05-19-2010, 11:12 AM
frog13
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by bigstevex4
oh my spelling is bad that realy cuts deep who gives a you know what! no i don,t spell worth a dam and i cant hear very good either spent my life wrenching on heavy eguipment not doing paperwork and christ some of you people are so fricking sensitive. just making a statement about how i don,t under stand what moves people to dicide to take up riden. when i was 5 i was tring to figure out away to put an eng. on my bike.
Guess for some of us we were just born with it.
Ok, so you can't spell, your puncuation sucks and now we know you can't hear. Is there a point to this post? I think we already figured out you are "THE BIKER", the one we should all aspire to be, now is there something else?

Old 05-19-2010, 11:13 AM
Bluegrasser
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Let's see...

1. Wasn't allowed a motorcycle growing up.
2. Joined Navy at 17. No place to keep a bike. No time to ride one. At sea 300 days a year. Actually, I did try to buy a Sportster, but it didn't work out.
3. Went to college. Broke as a joke. Spent 12 hours a day in the Engineering building studying and working on projects.
4. Moved to Boston after graduation. Still broke as a joke for a few years. Short riding season. Lived in a high-rise with no safe place to keep a bike.
5. Moved to Phoenix. Bought a bike 3 months after moving here. Been riding it ever since.

I've run the nuclear power plant on a submarine, designed microprocessors, and I currently design rockets. If only I'd started riding when I was 12 I might be as totally awesome as you.

Old 05-19-2010, 11:14 AM
dirtracin23
Road Warrior
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Well, I've been riding for over 40 years. Got my first motorbike, a Chibi 60, when I was 5. I did ,however, take some 13 years to attend school and, if I'm not mistaken, English was one the MAIN subjects.

Attached Thumbnails What have some off you been doing your whole life?-chibi.jpg  

Quick Reply: What have some off you been doing your whole life?