General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Beware of Zanotti Motor

Search this Thread

Old 06-07-2010, 06:40 AM
Bigwillie
Road Master
Received 23 Likes on 16 Posts

try lyndal z pads, you would not use stock pads anymore!

Old 06-07-2010, 06:45 AM
Bluzmn59
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Try Hale's Harley-Davidson and you will stop worrying about either Zanotti's or Chicago. Call and talk to their parts guy (not an internet form), get the parts that are in stock shipped immediately (very reasonable shipping cost) and get the rest of your order as soon as it comes in - shipped at no additional cost! Oh yeah, they also discount everything from Drag Specialties and Kuryakn, too.

I tried both Chicago and Zanotti and have now been a loyal Hale's customer for almost three years. And no, I have no affiliation with them other than that.

Old 06-07-2010, 06:46 AM
DMJFatboy
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Never had any issues with Zanotti. I have ordered thousands of dollars worth of stuff for my bike from them. They even sent me the invoices I requested when I had my accident. Shipping from anyone in the states is always a pain when you live overseas, back ordered or not.

Old 06-07-2010, 06:51 AM
JayStronghawk
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 279 Likes on 214 Posts

Had pretty good luck with Zanotti's but have never ordered anything that was needed quick, but don't recall ever waiting for more than 3 weeks tops .. Most of the time less than 2 weeks..

Old 06-07-2010, 07:33 AM
red devil
Outstanding HDF Member

Zanotti's is an actual dealer, but what you got to realize is they keep the mail order seperate from the dealership. They do stock a lot of parts, but they will not take away parts from the service department to fill internet orders.

Old 06-07-2010, 07:35 AM
tanglefootrgu
Cruiser

I have ordered from Zannoti a few times and never had a problem, Sometimes it took a few weeks for the parts to arrive,& one time I didn't receive some bolts that I ordered. Sent them an email and received them in three days by priority mail.

I talked to the owner of the local HD shop this weekend and he mentioned that HD Corporate had not ordered parts from there vendors, that is why parts that should normally be a stock item are not on hand, it is not Zannoti's fault, it is because of Corporate!

Old 06-07-2010, 07:40 AM
dope_man_21
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by red devil
Zanotti's is an actual dealer, but what you got to realize is they keep the mail order seperate from the dealership. They do stock a lot of parts, but they will not take away parts from the service department to fill internet orders.

That is exactly what I was thinking

Old 06-07-2010, 07:49 AM
WS6 Formula
Stellar HDF Member
Received 244 Likes on 162 Posts

Try the Lyndall Gold Plus Brake pads, there a lot better then the factory pads.

Lyndall:
http://www.lyndallracingbrakes.com/a...ide-harley.htm

Lyndall Gold Plus Brake Pads: http://motors.shop.ebay.com/i.html?_...506.m270.l1313

Old 06-07-2010, 07:54 AM
KBFXDLI
Big Kahuna HDF Member
Received 32 Likes on 29 Posts

I use Zanotti's all the time...great people and excellent prices. But like all HD parts at the first half of the riding season....some are out of stock so order early. If in a pinch for time just pay more somewhere else. OR call a Waaaaaaaaaaambulance for help.

Old 06-07-2010, 08:00 AM
dyna rider
Club Member

Received 166 Likes on 141 Posts
Default Brake Pads

+1 On the Lyndal... Zanotti Keeps a large assortment of parts on hand but not everything. Ever think about how many different models of brake pads there are out there ? NOBODY can stock them ALL. I have always had great service from Zanotti, and yes, I have ordered stuff that was back ordered.
This sounds like a corporate problem at Harley rather than a Zanotti hit.

Quick Reply: Beware of Zanotti Motor