General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

OCC bike show

Search this Thread

Old 06-16-2010, 06:44 PM
golfblues
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 1,437 Likes on 877 Posts

Do it. They have live music, lots of bikes & classic cars & is usually packed. Maroneys is close & likes to do bikini bike washes on weekends. Stop at the Newburgh waterfront for some food, great places to eat. Rt 293 is great & lots of small wineries in the area. Storm King Mountain is a great ride along with Bear Mountain & you can do it all on the way or back. I would be there but my niece is having a graduation party in the middle of the day.

Pics from 08

Last edited by golfblues; 06-16-2010 at 07:44 PM.
Old 06-16-2010, 06:50 PM
Bike-R-Mike
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm in Ontario Canada , but a buddy and I had planned to make a 4 day run down into the U.S. on our May 24th long weekend . We ended up making OCC our destination . As it turns out they where hosting a charity ride for the survivors of state troopers who had been killed in the line of duty , so we signed up and did the ride with them . Met most of the guys from the show and the old man , saw alot of the bikes they built on the show in the showroom and got to look at the shop . They had a couple of pretty good rock bands , food and beer . There where a couple of hundred bikes turned out for the ride , so there was some nice stuff to look at outside too . All in all it was pretty good . Oh and the ride both there and back through the mountains was fantastic .

Old 06-16-2010, 07:02 PM
jeff.georgalas
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

IT'S NOT ABOUT THE DESTINATION at all, it's about the journey. If it was about the destination people would just do it in a cage.

Old 06-16-2010, 07:07 PM
DamnFool
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I was in Lowes yesterday and I saw a BBQ cover that was "designed" by Jr. - wet myself laffin'.

Old 06-16-2010, 07:25 PM
96black&blue
Road Captain
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by jeff.georgalas
IT'S NOT ABOUT THE DESTINATION at all, it's about the journey. If it was about the destination people would just do it in a cage.
somebody finally got it right.i journey with no destination more often than with one.

Old 06-16-2010, 08:23 PM
BadGuyNYC
Cruiser

thats def a better way to explain it ...its the journey !! and sounds like it'll b kool and plenty to see...im gonna go and i'll take sum pic's too cause i know we all love pic's ....does anybody want me to get an autograph for them just pm me and i'll give my info where to send the 20 buks they charge..lol

Old 06-16-2010, 08:28 PM
golfblues
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 1,437 Likes on 877 Posts

Originally Posted by BadGuyNYC
thats def a better way to explain it ...its the journey !! and sounds like it'll b kool and plenty to see...im gonna go and i'll take sum pic's too cause i know we all love pic's ....does anybody want me to get an autograph for them just pm me and i'll give my info where to send the 20 buks they charge..lol
Don't laugh, my SO, oh, it was free.

Last edited by golfblues; 06-17-2010 at 02:41 PM.
Old 06-16-2010, 08:33 PM
jeffc68
Tourer

I live 7 miles from there so if anyone is going let me know I will take a ride down there.

Old 06-17-2010, 02:39 PM
wideglidebob
Elite HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

enjoy the ride, and your right people actually pay for autograph

Old 06-17-2010, 03:10 PM
Dr.Lou
Cruiser
Received 20 Likes on 8 Posts

IMHO, they're a bunch of f*&king morons - I do like Vince and Nub, however. Their early bikes were essentially made by Custom Chrome, Drag Specialties, etc. and assembled by OCC. I can't believe that folks paid 50-100K for one of those POS. Given their business skills, I can see why they filed BK. However, if I was looking for something to do and my only other choices were to go shopping with the wife or going to the dentisit, I would consider visiting OCC, especially if they had live music and other entertainment.

Ok, I feel better now. lol

Lou

Last edited by Dr.Lou; 06-18-2010 at 01:28 PM.

Quick Reply: OCC bike show