General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Seller remorse

Search this Thread

Old 07-23-2010, 11:14 AM
RHPAW
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 13,812 Likes on 6,220 Posts

My '57 Chevy......but at least it went to an excellent home. The guy takes great care of it.
and.....
My first hardtail, bored, stroked, all the best high performance parts, a total hot rod, probably better off without it. It was like a drag bike.

On the other hand......
Had a chain saw once, that was the most ill-tempered, hard-starting POS I ever saw. After it sat on a shelf for 2 years, I took it to a swap meet with a bunch of old bike parts to sell. Some guy asked me about it, and as I'm telling him it's faults, he turns on the ignition, chokes and primes the old gas, and it started on the first pull. He couldn't pay me fast enough.

Betcha it hasn't run since.

Old 07-23-2010, 11:25 AM
Lord_Rahl
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

every time i see my old yamaha xv750 i am sad it is no longer in my garage but i am glad to see it being ridden i stop riding it once i got the harley. and what really pleases me is the the new owner is good with a wielder and the new stuff on it looks sweet. he uses my buddy to get it all powder coated to match. i designed a custom coat blend for it.

Old 07-23-2010, 11:47 AM
Markymannn
Stellar HDF Member
Received 153 Likes on 103 Posts

Originally Posted by Rickr01
and a dent in the tank where he got mad at his wife and punched the tank.
I got a friend who did this to his Sportster. Punched the tank 4-5 times and really put a good dent into it. The funny thing is he lost so much tank capacity that now he has to fill like every 70 miles

Old 07-23-2010, 04:06 PM
stevieg
Road Warrior

I sold my '02 1200 Custom for financial reasons and had a Dyna within 6 months. Sold the Dyna for, again, financial reasons and less than 6 months later got my Heritage. As I read somewhere on this site: "A Harley can get you through times with no money better than money can get you through times with no Harley."

Now, even when I'm in real bad financial shape I won't sell it. For one thing, I'm a short rider and I have to do lots of mods to get a bike to fit: Seat, shocks, grips, kick-stand, etc, so every time I get a new (used) bike I have that to take into consideration. I plan on keeping this one for a very long time.

Old 07-23-2010, 05:57 PM
Tortoise98
Grand HDF Member
Received 2,070 Likes on 758 Posts

I miss my '01 Road Star sometimes...not sure why, because I really like my Ultra. I spent a lot of time on that bike, put 103,000 miles on it. I think maybe it's because I was always tweaking or fine tuning something on it...the Ultra has nothing to really mess with, just turn key, push button, twist throttle.

Old 07-23-2010, 06:08 PM
harleydavis
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 30 Likes on 21 Posts

Sold my 1973 Sportster in 1976 because of marriage and birth of my only child. To this day, I wish I still had that old Ironhead! Whenever it is time to get another HD, I will keep my Fat Boy.

Old 07-23-2010, 09:39 PM
TI06
Road Master
Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts

Last year I made a deal to trade my Heritage for my SG. I got what I thought was a good deal. I went home to think about it (I never make a decision like that without taking a night to think about it). I was sure I made a good deal and was looking forward to getting my new SG. I went to the dealer the next day pulled in their lot and turned around and went home. I had huge anxiety about trading in(not the money just not having the Heritage any more). It took me three more days to go and make the deal which I'm happy I did. For a couple days I didn't think I could do it. Probably for a week I second guessed my decision, being the Heritage was my first Harley but as time has passed I have no regrets but great memories.

Old 07-23-2010, 10:32 PM
frozensoul
Road Master

always will miss the 04 fatboy custom.

Attached Thumbnails Seller remorse-dscf1155.jpg  
Old 07-23-2010, 10:42 PM
live4rut
Advanced

I have a feeling I'll be going through that for sure with my current bike. I sometimes wish I still had my old RF900R that I sold to get my CBR1000RR. Right now I'm in the process of selling my 1000RR to get my first Harley, 2010...maybe 2011 Wide Glide. Makes me sick to think that someone might not take care of it the same way that I did. I hope the change in riding styles will be as nice as I expect it to be. It's definitely a decision I dont want to regret!

First bike:

About to be a memory:

Old 07-23-2010, 11:09 PM
TwiZted Biker
Club Member
Received 47,922 Likes on 17,475 Posts

I built a bike some years ago did a shovel FLH style but did some really trick stuff with the wheels and powder painted everything black years before it was popular . Went with all red rubber on the boards ,grips, kicker pedal , oil lines ect stainless steel on everything else hardware wise . Just red and black bike looked sweet . Some guy in a parking lot had to have that bike pestered the crap out me about it so I shot him some outrageous price and he shows up with bank check so I let it go . Now this thing was detailed and clean real eye catcher , he pulls up to my house 3 wks later to show me his " sled " . This guy bought a 25ct bag of these chessy quarter sized skulls and he managed to put every freaking one of them on that bike .................OMG ! Yep big case of sellers remorse , also hit him .

Last edited by TwiZted Biker; 08-24-2010 at 12:56 AM.

Quick Reply: Seller remorse