General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:
View Poll Results: A poll
Harley stickers are cool - -within reason
75.48%
No Harley sticker should be on a car/truck
6.90%
Harley stickers are for braggers only
8.81%
Harley Stickers should be everywhere
8.81%
Voters: 261. You may not vote on this poll

Harley Stickers on your car/truck window

Search this Thread

Old 08-31-2006, 02:22 PM
Hiram
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Harley Stickers on your car/truck window

Never owned a HD t-shirt 'till about a year ago. My brother gave it to me when I said I wanted to get another bike and it would be a Harley. He told me it was to keep my dream in focus. Still only wore it when going to his place.

Old 08-31-2006, 02:27 PM
SDMF
Road Warrior

Just to clarify my vote...I think they should be everywhere, but within reason.

Old 08-31-2006, 02:29 PM
Protrucker
Tourer

ORIGINAL: TimmerK

ORIGINAL: Alien Spyder

When I see a Harley Davidson sticker on the back of a cage I immediately think that they must be a bike owner themselves. I would hope that would be the case. I know I have always loved Harley Davidson motorcycles but I never had a decal on my truck until I actually owned a bike myself. Same goes with an H-D tee shirt. I never wore one until I owned one.

But that's just me.
Exactly Spyd.
Same here........and when I went for years without owning a Harley I left my H/D belt buckles, etc. in the dresser drawer until I was able to get back on another H/D.

Old 08-31-2006, 02:49 PM
kk0210
Cruiser

My first Harley acquired 5 weeks ago. Never have had a sticker of any kind in the car and have only acquired the T-shrits after the bike. I wear them when I ride it, proudly. When I see a sticker on the back window of a vehicle I immediately think they are rider.

Old 08-31-2006, 02:54 PM
huffhuff
Road Warrior
Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

when i bought my covered trailer to store my RK (no garage and was keeping in the living room--single guy LOL) people asked why i had no harley stickers on it. i told them the stickers would be an invitation to take the trailer and hope there was a bike inside. what i put on was large stickers "Danger Live Rattlesnakes". what i didn't anticipate was the number of people at rest stops and gas stations that would ask to see the snakes. chuckle. i camp in the trailer so don't fuss at me for trailering the bike.

Old 08-31-2006, 02:56 PM
Domestic Violence
Stellar HDF Member
Received 66 Likes on 24 Posts

my first HD t-shirt was given to me the day before i took delivery of my 06 RKC. my wife handed me a pic of her sitting on my ride and said 'heres your new bike!' and when i said that she was full of crap, she tossed me the t-shirt and said 'now you can wear a Harley shirt!'

SMALL decals are ok- maybe a front plate or plate frame, but when i see ANY motorcycle-related thing on a car/tk, i think that theyre riders/owners/enthusiast and would "probably" be on the lookout and help a motorcyclist

Old 08-31-2006, 03:01 PM
Scout
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 704 Likes on 337 Posts

I had a sticker on my truck, but then I lent my truck to a freind that had just got out after being in the bucket for 15 years. He pulled the stickers off. He thought they were going to give him heat from the cops? Just show's you have times have changed.

Old 08-31-2006, 03:02 PM
ecvjohn
Banned

ORIGINAL: Alien Spyder

When I see a Harley Davidson sticker on the back of a cage I immediately think that they must be a bike owner themselves. I would hope that would be the case. I know I have always loved Harley Davidson motorcycles but I never had a decal on my truck until I actually owned a bike myself. Same goes with an H-D tee shirt. I never wore one until I owned one.

But that's just me.

Exactly what I did and how I think.

Old 08-31-2006, 03:10 PM
dogtownmax
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ORIGINAL: Keith_H
Seen lots of nice Harley stickers, but normally when i get a vehicle i'm more into removing labels rather than adding them.
me too. i take the labels off everything i own where possible, my bikes, guitars and amps, car, clothes, backpack, whatever. primarily becuase i dont like text all over everything (just looks better to me), and partially because i am not a billboard.

as for the army of SUV and pickups with harley stickers, i figure SOME of them have a harley in thier garage that they take out occasionally, or not at all, and are the people who supply the world with 5 year old bikes that have > 2000 miles on them. hese are the people who love HD, and have a deep "get it" perspective on the branding, freedom, and all that, but just dont really _love_ to ride, they just love the bike *itself*, or the _idea_ of riding. heck, maybe they love the logo and feel the truck wouldnt look right without it, regardless of their actually having a bike. thats why they are in their pickup truck on a beautiful day and _not riding_. a very few have to haul something, or have people to pickup, but i suspect most really just like driving their pickup truck more than riding a motorcycle.

hopefully they are more aware of motorcycles, as i pass them on mine every day.

youll know what kind of bike i ride because im riding it, not becuase i have a t-shirt or truck that claims i ride.

Old 08-31-2006, 03:10 PM
captainhawg
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have a Bar and Shield on my car and one on the pickup rear window. I only wear my Harley T-shirts on the bike.( No reason why just the way I do it)....I only wear Harley caps, all the time....But what may be strange, I am in the process of painting the side of my shop, as follows......

[IMG]local://upfiles/15141/5E88C72B44964EE18EB0A33A17D272C5.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]local://upfiles/15141/F9789FCBFBCE4CE9985C76344557C979.jpg[/IMG]

Quick Reply: Harley Stickers on your car/truck window