General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New breed of bikers????

Search this Thread

Old 08-17-2010, 05:19 PM
rdam
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 34 Likes on 21 Posts

"His ‘09 black and copper sportster represents what is now and whats great about our scene"

Apparently, part of their scene is jamming napkin rings in their ears...But...Ok, whatever.

Not harming me or mine, or anybody else, so knock yourself out.

However. It's just another brand of pirate. Different tattoos, clothing and jewlery. Still pirates.

Last edited by rdam; 08-17-2010 at 05:21 PM.
Old 08-17-2010, 05:26 PM
babalu
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

i had an older sporty and did a lot to it along this style... some of these are cool but a lot of them are just terrible. you see guys taking a brand new nightster and giving it fake aging with phoney rusted parts. making their new sporties look like cafe racers (why buy a sporty in order to make it look like a 1968 triumph bonny?). i even see guys taking brand new sporties and removing the front brake, just retarded IMO.

it's cool if you take an older bike and transform into something retro yet modern. but to take a brand new bike and try to make it look old to me is poserish in its own right. it's like they want an old ironhead or triumph bonny but don't want to wrench on it or deal with the hassle of owning one.

Old 08-17-2010, 05:44 PM
brutalbrad
Road Warrior
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Old 08-17-2010, 05:56 PM
defence18
Novice
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by mimo
heck! I've gotten into scooter conversation with pizza delivery guys (crazy suicidal ****'s) whom ride 125 Honda Cargo's at 70MPH in our heavy traffic pooring rain
If anyone was that dedicated to bringing me a pizza, I'd talk them up too!

Old 08-17-2010, 06:01 PM
DocJ
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Um...kind-of a boring article. However, I liked the look of the bike, and that certain direction does seem to be the new "in". Most bikes getting "modded" out these days are going in a fairly similar direction, even here.

EDIT: By the way, welcome to the forums! Hope you enjoy it here. It is a great place to interact, ask questions, give advice, etc.

Old 08-17-2010, 06:29 PM
*NIGHT TRAIN*
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I don't recall ever asking anyone's permission or approval for anything I've ever done to my bikes.

Also don't expect anyone to live up (or) down to my standards.

That site looked like some guys who like to ride havin' fun doin' their own thing...
and yeah, I liked some of it...

More power to 'em...

Old 08-17-2010, 06:38 PM
NSCoyote
Club Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

hey i resemble that remark.......i think well i aint got a beard no more just a little goatee

Old 08-17-2010, 06:47 PM
badwhine
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 8 Likes on 3 Posts

I have seen this in my area. Give them time and allow them to ride-have fun and be safe. I hope this new breed does not become one of the dew rag whining babies that popculture has promoted.

Old 08-17-2010, 06:52 PM
JSU77
Road Captain

Those ear thingys are way kewl..........

Old 08-17-2010, 07:04 PM
Johnny_Ringo
Cruiser

this might help understand the scene a bit.: http://www.bikereader.org/whatitlook...hatitdont.html

a lot of us grew up on skateboards/snowboards/bmx. most like metal and punk and gangster rap. the scene has a lot of different bikes and different periods. i ride a new street bob (don't have time to wrench) and im as welcome as the dude on his raked out shovel. dudes are real in this scene. dudes are respectful. and the rides are a blast.

Quick Reply: New breed of bikers????