General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Best wife ever!

Search this Thread

Old 09-09-2006, 06:02 AM
bum
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Best wife ever!

This thread is for everyone to brag about their wives, girlfriends, significant other or hell, even FB. This is what I have to say about mine:
When I first got the notion to start looking at bikes, we talked about it for a long time before that, mainly because a buddy of mine and his wife had gotten one and they wanted us to get one so we could all ride together. So with a little peer pressure, we talked more about it. My wife was totally game for it, but at the time finances weren't that great. After about a month when things started looking up, the search was on. She went with me to look, kids in tow. She never got bored with looking, gave input as to what she thought was nice bikes, asked the salsemen questions and helped keep the kids in check.
We went to another dealer about a week later to look around more, just her and I this time. We were there for hours looking. We both liked the Dyna, but out of the corner of my eye, in the corner of the showroom floor, was a Night Train all by itself. We went to look at it and we both loved it. I sat on it and she commented on what a hot bike it was and how the "attitude" of the bike fit my personality. We knew it was the one. We got started on the paperwork, but she had to leave to get ready for work. It was a joint application and once approved we needed her signature. It was get it that night (almost 2hours after closing time) and ride home on it, or have to come back the next day. I called her to tell her this and she drove back to the dealership (after calling her boss to tell him she would be late and told him why) and signed the papers. Away I rode.
She doesn't nag about me going riding, she encourages it. If I get home early from work before she has to go to work, she tells me to go ride, even if it's only for an hour.
She let's me get gear. We all know this stuff isn't cheap.
She just bought me gear and accessories for my upcoming B-day, just from her. She also said that the kids (8yo and 3yo) bought me some stuff too.
She gives me space, allows me to actively engage in my hobby, helps me clean the bike up, asks tech questions about it and really likes the fact that I found something that I really enjoy doing.
The love of my life, the mother of my children, the supporter of my "habit", the freak in the sheets, the chef in the kitchen, the woman I call MY wife and damn proud of it!
Call me mushy, call me weird but I don't care.
Speak up about yours too. Sometimes some people just don't have enough good things to say about people, so it would be nice to read kind words about their "better half". Give credit where credit is due.

Old 09-09-2006, 07:01 AM
06dynablack
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Best wife ever!

think she has a affair going on lol just jokin lucky man u are

Old 09-09-2006, 09:06 AM
TattoodCaptain
Road Warrior
Received 941 Likes on 398 Posts

My turn. My wife Cheryl and I have been married 19 years now. She's 38 and the mother of our 2 kids, 18 & 13. She put up with years of me being a commercial fisherman. Hard work and even harder partying. Now I'm out at sea 6 months a year and she doesn't complain a bit (but that might be due to direct deposit)[sm=smiley20.gif]!!. She rides her '04 Heritage Softail Classic like a pro. I'm due back home on the 20th and can't wait.

Old 09-09-2006, 09:46 AM
silvernblack03
Tourer

Nice topic....my wife is the same way,she knows I love riding....my brother has one and my sister does also....so she knows it's in my blood...but she always tells me,why don't you take a ride and take a load off....never gives me funny looks when I go out in the garage during the nite when nothing is on t.v. and start cleaning the bike....she is a good woman,and I'm lucky to have her.

Old 09-09-2006, 09:56 AM
Domestic Violence
Stellar HDF Member
Received 68 Likes on 26 Posts

my wife buys me butt-wipes at the supermarket

(j/k!) well, not really- she does!

BUT!- my wife went out picked up an 06 RK Classic for me a few months ago when she saw me poking around on ebay and dealers

Old 09-09-2006, 10:24 AM
Tn.Heritage
Grand HDF Member
Received 183 Likes on 131 Posts

ORIGINAL: TattoodCaptain

My turn. My wife Cheryl and I have been married 19 years now. She's 38 and the mother of our 2 kids, 18 & 13. She put up with years of me being a commercial fisherman. Hard work and even harder partying. Now I'm out at sea 6 months a year and she doesn't complain a bit (but that might be due to direct deposit)[sm=smiley20.gif]!!. She rides her '04 Heritage Softail Classic like a pro. I'm due back home on the 20th and can't wait.
Yea I don't see how she put's up with ya , nice Heritage she has there, seems like I have seen it somewhere's.

Old 09-09-2006, 10:31 AM
roadhawg
Cruiser

Cool topic, ok, me next. My wife is wonderful, she cooks, cleans, takes care of the kids, reads em stories, and all that jazz. She packs my lunches never complains, give me back rubs and the list could go on forever. Oh and she talked me out of buying a less costly metric bike saying I wouldn't be happy with it and told me to hold out for a Harley and she enjoys riding as much as me. Been married 8yrs, together like 12 years with 3 kids.

Old 09-09-2006, 11:27 AM
mikec
Road Captain
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Wow......A keeper! Mine wasn't so easy. But I'll keep
her anyway. LOL

Old 09-09-2006, 12:17 PM
dz672
Cruiser

i have you all beat. my wife bought me a harley for my 39th birthday. went to the dealer herself, picked the bike, set up the financing, had a neighbor store it at his house, and gave it to me at a party with all of my friends. to top it all off, she let me trade it in 6 weeks later for a bigger one.

Old 09-09-2006, 12:18 PM
Cigar Aggie
Road Master

Hey can I cut and paste this? Hold it just a minute, you're talking about my wife!!!! No wonder she's been so happy lately!!!

Quick Reply: Best wife ever!