General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Bikers make noise on attempt to quiet motorcycles

Search this Thread

Old 09-13-2010, 12:08 PM
chromedome09
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

it'll eventually get passed.. it's easy revenue. The to loud of exhaust law is already on the books, but not enforced. They will probably jump on this though, more for the $$$ if nothing else. Most bikers that run loud pipes don't give a chit about the existing law and probably won't care about this one either. They will defy the law and still run loud pipes... pay the tickets.... easy revenue for the state.

Old 09-13-2010, 02:28 PM
oldairboater
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Sound is either noise or music depending on your point of view. This thread right here goes also to the heart of why there is no supposed brotherhood or us in motorcycles. I have nothing in common except motorcycle ownership with the *** kissing members of the motorcycling community or this forum that think if we quiet down our motorcycles the none riding public will leave us alone. This law is nothing but another way of a group of ineffective bullies trying to impose their will.

Old 09-13-2010, 03:49 PM
harleyriv
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

All laws can be seen this way...depends on your point of view. As one of the *** kissers as you put it I want the freedom to make a noise for as long as I can, so the aholes with the 'straight throughs' should button it........

Old 09-13-2010, 04:10 PM
95th 1200
Road Master
Received 102 Likes on 70 Posts

Next thing you know it'll be illegal to blow off fireworks for the 4th of July because "they make too much noise" and "create too much pollution". I agree that there are some people out there who lack common sense - wringing your bike out with drag pipes in a residential area isn't wise. I think its a typical paperclip bill that is really about letting the EPA have their way. How about they focus their efforts and money on a global issue like the amount of pollution China is spewing into the atmosphere instead of a few bikes?

Old 09-13-2010, 04:40 PM
oldairboater
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Don't like *** kissers or straight pipes but I will not side with a stupid politician or a bunch of jealous people that can't bully me physically but can through political pressure. It isn't the loud exhaust it is about prejudices, dislikes, and being ineffective whiners in life looking for power. It is a control issue disguised as a noise problem. There are too many people in the world and society protects them.

Old 09-13-2010, 04:42 PM
32vld
Road Master

It's always the few that ruin for the many. What's sad is most people posting here are finding fault with the politicians and public upset at loud noise.

What's sadder is that they do not condem the few causing them to lose rights, but attack other's for trying to protect their rights.

A nice deep rumble at times can sound nice. You don't have to get extremely loud to have a good sound.

I don't need the guy that has been going up my hill almost every day this summer setting off a car alarm every time when he reachs the top.

Loud pipe people are just as bad as the wind chime people. Notice how they always hang the wind chime from the farest the possibly can from their bed room window/house. And then always get it the closest to their neighbors house.

Old 09-13-2010, 04:47 PM
harleyriv
Road Master

''....Don't like *** kissers or straight pipes but I will not side with a stupid politician or a bunch of jealous people that can't bully me physically but can through political pressure. It isn't the loud exhaust it is about prejudices, dislikes, and being ineffective whiners in life looking for power. It is a control issue disguised as a noise problem. There are too many people in the world and society protects them......''

I actually agree with that sentiment...but I'd also qualify it by reminding everyone that the politicians act in response to the stimulus of lobbyists - you can ignore or indeed run from the threat or you can act to prevent or change events...

Last edited by harleyriv; 09-13-2010 at 04:52 PM.
Old 09-13-2010, 04:56 PM
BassCatcher
Grand HDF Member
Received 74 Likes on 38 Posts

I dunno, you think this is bad? You ought to see what they have done to the gun owners that live there. Go over to Gunbroker and see how many dealers now refuse to do business with anyone that lives there.

I've thought about it and thought about but I just can't figure out why anyone would willingly live in California.

Old 09-13-2010, 05:02 PM
harleyriv
Road Master

...Huh?....

Old 09-13-2010, 06:28 PM
TwiZted Biker
Club Member
Received 48,295 Likes on 17,615 Posts

Come on lets face it most guys get the loudest pipes they can just to play " DIG ME .." and we all know it , this was bound to happen sooner or later . I was just as guilty many yrs ago when drag pipes were the biggy , still have hearing loss because of it . This bit of bullsh*t is like any other self inflicted wound from hangover's to getting caught with a hooker .

Quick Reply: Bikers make noise on attempt to quiet motorcycles