General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

All this MC talk...(kinda long)

Search this Thread

Old 09-21-2010, 09:31 AM
Lifelong Biker
Tourer
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by cowboy Harry
Good greif, Isnt this America the free. Why would anybody have to ask permission for any kinda of patch. Fck them monkey brains. Do what you want. No one should ever have to ask anybody for permission for just a dam patch.
I understand your point, but you definately are not familiar with the whole community of patch holders. Being a patch holder myself, I learned a lot. I consider myself pretty tuff, but if you want to wear colors and play the "game" you have to play the rules, or you could end up in serious trouble. At first I thought the whole meet and great everytime you run into another patch holder was BS. But as time went on I fully understand it all, I have made many new friends, and enjoy club riding and functions. It takes some commitment, just make sure you want this lifestyle.

Old 09-21-2010, 09:55 AM
BlueNoser
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by booger 18
I was in your situation before. bunch off us 82nd vets wanted to wear 3 patches that said " 82nd Airborne on top, with the 82nd patch in middle, and Rhode island on bottom...Talk to a local 81 at a bike blessing and he understood the idea but NIXED the bottom rocker and said no m/c patch....I didn't feel out of place to ask..no problems....
I know there is protocal but I find it has gone to far when a "local" 81 can tell a 82nd Airborne what he can and can't do. Seems he should be thankin you for his freedom and that it would be an honor to have your patch in the community.JMO

Old 09-21-2010, 11:38 AM
Hamburglar
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Think what you want. Do what you want. Say what you want. Just realize that for every action there is a reaction. good or bad. you may not agree with it, but thats life.

Old 09-21-2010, 01:37 PM
*NIGHT TRAIN*
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Hamburglar
Think what you want. Do what you want. Say what you want. Just realize that for every action there is a reaction. good or bad. you may not agree with it, but thats life.

There ya go...

Old 09-21-2010, 02:14 PM
Tony P
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 334 Likes on 203 Posts

An unrecognized three piece rocker will get you 15 minutes of fame you'll regret... just sayin'...

Old 09-21-2010, 02:50 PM
MCSarge
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 446 Likes on 309 Posts

As has been posted a riding club is one thing, you put that MC cube on your back you change the playing field immediatly. From the way your formation is setup on rides to the way you are percieved in public, not by the civilians but by other MC's. There is a set of rule and protocols on how an MC is run and if your not doing that you may find your club removing their colors and walking out of an establishement without them or having to defend your right to wear the colors on your back. The dominant clubs in the area are going to want to know about your prospecting period and the basic hiarchy of your club and it better be in line with what the CoC says it will be.

MC Clubs have rules and hiarchy that is set in stone, most members put in a lot of time to prove they are worthy to wear that patch on their back and take it as an insult when a club just starts throwing patches on anyone who wants to join. If that's what you want then start a riding club you'll get a lot less hassles and the MC clubs won't care.

You also better be aware of the situation not only in your city but your state and other states around you if you plan on traveling with your rag on your back thru someone elses territory. If you have to ask on this board it may be better for you to gain some knowledge of these situations before you put that cube on your back. Just .02 from a patch holder.

Old 09-21-2010, 03:43 PM
Bike-R-Mike
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Some things are just soooo much better when they are left simple . You enjoy the way it is now , so maybe it's good to just keep it that way .

Old 09-21-2010, 03:46 PM
babalu
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by MCSarge
The dominant clubs in the area are going to want to know about your prospecting period and the basic hiarchy of your club and it better be in line with what the CoC says it will be.
it's ironic how MC's were started by guys who wanted to buck rules, societies expectations, and authority and just ride and party without a hassle and they have evolved into this animal with more guidelines, rules, and authority than society or the AMA would ever put on someone.

Old 09-21-2010, 03:52 PM
TW
Road Master
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Nothing wrong with flyin' a patch- just do it the right way.

Old 09-21-2010, 04:36 PM
Ghosteh
Road Master
Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by MCSarge
As has been posted a riding club is one thing, you put that MC cube on your back you change the playing field immediatly. From the way your formation is setup on rides to the way you are percieved in public, not by the civilians but by other MC's. There is a set of rule and protocols on how an MC is run and if your not doing that you may find your club removing their colors and walking out of an establishement without them or having to defend your right to wear the colors on your back. The dominant clubs in the area are going to want to know about your prospecting period and the basic hiarchy of your club and it better be in line with what the CoC says it will be.

MC Clubs have rules and hiarchy that is set in stone, most members put in a lot of time to prove they are worthy to wear that patch on their back and take it as an insult when a club just starts throwing patches on anyone who wants to join. If that's what you want then start a riding club you'll get a lot less hassles and the MC clubs won't care.

You also better be aware of the situation not only in your city but your state and other states around you if you plan on traveling with your rag on your back thru someone elses territory. If you have to ask on this board it may be better for you to gain some knowledge of these situations before you put that cube on your back. Just .02 from a patch holder.
Well said!

There's a difference between a MC and a RC. If the guys you ride with are ones that you'd trust with your life (or at least the keys to your house), and you're all dedicated to the motorcycle lifestyle, then you're on the right path by thinking "MC".
If they are just buddys who share a common weekend hobby, you really don't know them that well, or wouldn't trust them with the pin # on your debit card, you need to think of the more casual "RC".

And if you are MC material, why start your own? Get to know those in your area & you might find a few more friends.

Just sayin'

Quick Reply: All this MC talk...(kinda long)