General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Anyone heard of VelocityWP oil additive?

Search this Thread

Old 10-25-2010, 12:10 AM
swestbrook60
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Foodog
I'm 72 years old now and in all my years of driving and riding I have never, repeat never had, an engine failure or problem related to oil, likewise any of my friends. Also, over the years I've seen a lot of products come and go that were touted as being necessary or beneficial to the operation of a gasoline powered engine. I had a friend that used to rebuild engines and he said he could always tell if STP had been added to the oil due to the gummy residue throughout the engine. If there is a product that will improve the properties of oil you can bet one of the oil companies will be on it in a second. I personally wouldn't spend a penny on any of the stuff because it isn't needed as oil right out of the can does an adequate job of protecting your engine.
Foo, correct! I designed rotating equipment (turbines, compressors, reciprocating engines, ect) for 20 years and oil is oil is oil. Forget all the miracle additives, they may help in one aspect but harm things in other areas.

Old 10-25-2010, 12:20 AM
Other Sheep
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

The major problem I have with the miracle additives is that they change the oils formula. If the formula isn't correct then you're using the wrong oil to begin with. If the formula is correct then don't change it.

Old 10-25-2010, 07:34 AM
dope_man_21
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Foodog
I'm 72 years old now and in all my years of driving and riding I have never, repeat never had, an engine failure or problem related to oil, likewise any of my friends. Also, over the years I've seen a lot of products come and go that were touted as being necessary or beneficial to the operation of a gasoline powered engine. I had a friend that used to rebuild engines and he said he could always tell if STP had been added to the oil due to the gummy residue throughout the engine. If there is a product that will improve the properties of oil you can bet one of the oil companies will be on it in a second. I personally wouldn't spend a penny on any of the stuff because it isn't needed as oil right out of the can does an adequate job of protecting your engine.

Originally Posted by oct1949
Its like a snake oil..... I worked for a MAJOR auto maker... and we had those guys come in all the time......

.Those special additives will fool the average person that don't know chit about oil and bearings...

Try this... have them put some plain ole bleach on the same bearings or wheel and I'll guarantee U won't be able to stop it

If there is a product out there that is that slippery, why would you want to add it to your engine and risk bearing slide or flat siding any roller bearing.

Old 08-03-2011, 09:04 AM
VELOCITY WP
Stage I
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smile Oil Additives

Hello everyone, I just joined the fourm. Im the owner of this (to you)

controversial subject of this additive Velocity WP. This is a Ware

protector. It was brought up in one of the previous post about "Does it

smell like bleach" The base of the product is "SOYBEAN" TBN total base

number is 18. The machine is a Tempkin bearing tester. Bleach will not

work on the machine. Four ounces in the crankcase will drop engine oil

tempeture 70 plus degrees. Check us out in STURGIS at 3rd and lazalle

starting on Saturday Aug 6th.

Old 08-03-2011, 01:42 PM
ftanner
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by 3/4 life crisis
Hello everyone,

Anybody heard of VelocityWP additive?

http://velocitywp.com/

Saw a demo at a local dealer over the weekend, rather impressive. He was using weights on a counter balanced lever against a small spinning wheel, using all brands of motor cycle oils inc. synthetic (same of those we love here). All brands of oils stopped the spinning wheel due to friction.

As soon as he pour a little bit of VelocityWP on to the spinning wheel, it never stops. What's impressive is he then sprayed brake cleaner onto the spinning wheel, that sucker keep on spinning, and on top of that, he added more weights (more than doubled) onto the lever, that wheel never miss a bit.

He claims it also lower oil temp drastically, of which I am skeptical. But I don't doubt the superior lubricatcity (if it's a word).

BTW, I'm not in any way related to the company or the owner. Just want to get someone else's opinion/experience if anyone out there tried it.

Sorry about the long post,

Ride safe

Repeat after me.... Snake oil. There is no such thing as a 100% frictionless liquid.

Old 08-03-2011, 01:50 PM
ftanner
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by VELOCITY WP
Hello everyone, I just joined the fourm. Im the owner of this (to you)

controversial subject of this additive Velocity WP. This is a Ware

protector. It was brought up in one of the previous post about "Does it

smell like bleach" The base of the product is "SOYBEAN" TBN total base

number is 18. The machine is a Tempkin bearing tester. Bleach will not

work on the machine. Four ounces in the crankcase will drop engine oil

tempeture 70 plus degrees. Check us out in STURGIS at 3rd and lazalle

starting on Saturday Aug 6th.

Umm... Let me see here.... You can't spell the words wear, I'm, Timkin, or temperature correctly, and your grammar is atrocious, and you expect us to trust a product that you have created?

I'm also calling bullshit on your claim that it will drop engine oil temps by 70 degrees since most of the heat in engine oil comes as a byproduct of the combustion process and not a byproduct of friction.

In addition, that well known snake oil "Slick 50" has booths everywhere and makes their products sound like the second coming of Jesus. Do you really think that having a booth makes your product legitimate?

Old 08-03-2011, 04:50 PM
SteveO-ll
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Residual residue from the cracker/coker machines (whatever they are called in the industry) at the refinery. No thanks not interested at this time, until it is tested by an unbiased outside testing facility, and proven beyond the shadow of a doubt.

Old 08-03-2011, 05:19 PM
Bones77
Road Captain

To the OP.

This demo you witnessed; were the gears turning at a speed that would replicate 2500 to 3000 rpm on a harley engine and at a tempature between 200 to 250 degrees?

If not the test was meaningless.

Mr. V WP,

Are you making a trade claim that your product will drop engine oil temp 70 degrees? Not sure I want my engine oil running around 150 degrees. But still, I hope you have a good lawyer.

Bones

Last edited by Bones77; 08-03-2011 at 07:43 PM.
Old 08-03-2011, 05:53 PM
skratch
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 4,208 Likes on 2,464 Posts

Originally Posted by dope_man_21
If there is a product out there that is that slippery, why would you want to add it to your engine and risk bearing slide or flat siding any roller bearing.
umm, you're kidding, right?

Old 08-03-2011, 08:37 PM
Other Sheep
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by ftanner
Umm... Let me see here.... You can't spell the words wear, I'm, Timkin, or temperature correctly, and your grammar is atrocious, and you expect us to trust a product that you have created?

I'm also calling bullshit on your claim that it will drop engine oil temps by 70 degrees since most of the heat in engine oil comes as a byproduct of the combustion process and not a byproduct of friction.

In addition, that well known snake oil "Slick 50" has booths everywhere and makes their products sound like the second coming of Jesus. Do you really think that having a booth makes your product legitimate?
You missed the word "forum". And he didn't capitalize the street name "lazalle". One more strike and he's out.

Quick Reply: Anyone heard of VelocityWP oil additive?