General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Pulled up next to a guy on a Honda VTX last night...

Search this Thread

Old 09-23-2006, 12:58 AM
BlackOak®
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Pulled up next to a guy on a Honda VTX last night...

I never PULL up next to someone unless I know them or have permission. Its rude behavior! I always give the rider his whole lane. If you PULLED up next to me we would have a problem. I'd tell you to get Da ***** out of my space. I aint sharing a lane with some unknown crackerhead.

Old 09-23-2006, 05:27 AM
dogtownmax
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: Pulled up next to a guy on a Honda VTX lst night...

hahaha, you folks spend more time talking about other brands than they do about you. learn to like your bikes regardless of whatever other people are riding. they may have more power, or better handling, or more reliablility, but learn to know what you like. if hd stirrs you, go with it. you dont need to put every other bike down to justify your choice. hd are nice bikes. it ok.

Old 09-23-2006, 05:34 AM
dogtownmax
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ORIGINAL: BlackOak®

I never PULL up next to someone unless I know them or have permission. Its rude behavior! I always give the rider his whole lane. If you PULLED up next to me we would have a problem. I'd tell you to get Da ***** out of my space. I aint sharing a lane with some unknown crackerhead.
you would have quite a time here. lanesharing in california (including southern california, as per the original post) is the rule rather than the exception. if you have ever ridden overseas you would find the same thing. experienced riders dont find it such a shock.

Old 09-23-2006, 09:21 AM
PWHOG
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

He was probably worried that the heat from your Harley would melt all that plastic on the Honda !

Old 09-23-2006, 09:29 AM
Hackd
Elite HDF Member
Received 81 Likes on 76 Posts

ORIGINAL: dogtownmax

you would have quite a time here. lanesharing in california (including southern california, as per the original post) is the rule rather than the exception. if you have ever ridden overseas you would find the same thing. experienced riders dont find it such a shock.
Well, thanks....That's good to know. I've never ridden in California, and the only 'foreign' country I've ridden in is Canada. I will not pull up next to another rider unless I know them, have something important to say to them (like you're OL fell off), or they wave me up.

Old 09-23-2006, 09:49 AM
Tim
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Sounds like you must of scaredhim. Tim

Old 09-23-2006, 11:45 AM
Tn.Heritage
Grand HDF Member
Received 183 Likes on 131 Posts

You wouldn't like riding the Dragon then.

Old 09-23-2006, 12:08 PM
Mac57
Road Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ORIGINAL: cutacroshorty

It sounds like he wanted to show you what a Crotch-Rocketeer could do.
Uh huh. He just fell back on the standard "my Jap bike is faster than your Harley" response to salve his wounded ego. Sometimes you just hafta throw these poor jokers a bone, ya know?

Old 09-23-2006, 08:52 PM
gunrunner
Elite HDF Member
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Crackerhead on a VTX, LOL

Old 09-23-2006, 08:56 PM
gunrunner
Elite HDF Member
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Ive ridden the dragon, and had some of those damn crackerheads try and squeeze you out and blow by, them boyz best watch out or they might be eaten car grill for lunch. A bike in a lane has full width, you only enter his space at your own risk.
ORIGINAL: Tn.Heritage

You wouldn't like riding the Dragon then.

Quick Reply: Pulled up next to a guy on a Honda VTX last night...