General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Anybody using Gerbrings new glove liners

Search this Thread

Old 11-18-2010, 09:37 AM
cromagnon
Elite HDF Member
Received 59 Likes on 47 Posts
Default Anybody using Gerbrings new glove liners

I've been riding year round for years. Chaps, polypropelene underwear, neoprene face mask, layers of fleece, soft lowers, they all do the job quite well. The only problem I consistantly have is my hands. I wear glove liners under some great gauntlets but still I have to engage the cruise control so I can rub my hands together to get the blood pumping through them.
Anyway my question is has anybody tried the newest model Gerbrings glove liners. I'd like to buy a pair and wear them under my existing gauntlets. Also, can you run them without the temp controller. If so what does it feel like?

Thanks!

Old 11-18-2010, 03:02 PM
cromagnon
Elite HDF Member

Anybody?

Old 11-18-2010, 04:14 PM
artz
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'd like to hear this one answered too......

Old 11-18-2010, 04:38 PM
Beav
Road Warrior
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Cool

Cro,
I've been on the fence about this heated gear for about a month. Gonna ride up to an indy shop tomorrow and just "get it over with!"
Got a guy that I work with that's done 300k combined on three "wings," and he's tried it all. Says that beyond comparison the Gerbing heated jacket liner and new T-5 gloves are the bomb.
If your asking specifically about glove liners...I don't know.
Tried to get a couple places that carry Gerbing to cut a little slack to cover the sales tax and they won't budge!
Know also that he says that they get uncomfortably hot, so your gonna want a controller. The jacket liner is wired down the sleeves to plug into the gloves, but you need a dual controller to seperate the heat intensity between the jacket and gloves.
They're dayum proud of their product , but it keeps me comfortable on the bike through the winter. I've read that Gerbing customer service is top notch if you ever do have a problem, and it's warrantied for life to boot...
Jeez, it's just a lot of coin I'd rather spend on upgrades...Bud says that I won't regret the purchase.

Hope it helped some.

Beav

Old 11-18-2010, 04:48 PM
cdestuck
Supporter

Received 211 Likes on 101 Posts

Hey Beav, grandprixmotorsports had a 20 percent off all stuff including Gerbing by using the code word SHAREWARMTH. Might try their site and if its expired, call them and ask if they have a new code word. Thats how I found this latest code.

Old 11-18-2010, 05:08 PM
cromagnon
Elite HDF Member

Being the cheap bastard that I am ... knowing the temp controller cost more than the liner kind of turns me off ..... Called Gerbrings and they say I should buy the dual controller for future additions .... They also said the liner without the controller would be too hot to handle. Hmmmm ... probably go another year .. unless I get a raise.

Old 11-18-2010, 05:30 PM
SamStone
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 176 Likes on 88 Posts

I found a controller for $39 a year ago. http://www.lockitt.com/accessories_t...x.htm#trilevel
The price went up a bit but still has some great prices.

Old 11-18-2010, 05:46 PM
weeT
Cruiser
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

If you're on the cheap, just go to Radio Shack & get a toggle switch for a couple bucks to put in the circuit...just turn 'em off when they get too hot & back on again when you start feeling the cold.

Old 11-18-2010, 05:49 PM
Beav
Road Warrior
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Thumbs up

Thx CDEStuck...

Just got off the phone with Tracy in Denver...seems Gerbing has beaten him up pretty badly about the discounts, so they're no longer available. Went ahead and ordered from them anyway and got no tax and free shipping. Gerbing won't even ship for free!!!
Gonna be next week before it arrives, but I'm going to the left coast for Thanksgiving. Get back from the land of fruits and nuts and I'll be riding in warm comfort!!
Thx for tryin'

Beav

Old 11-18-2010, 06:09 PM
dyna rider
Club Member

Received 166 Likes on 141 Posts
Default Gerbing

Gerbing makes an on off switch that can be put in line with the gloves or liners. Once you try that you will see the need for a controller. Buying the heated gear has been better than any mod I've done to my bike except the engine mods.

Quick Reply: Anybody using Gerbrings new glove liners